Big Cars are killing Americans

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #91  
Okay, car size in N. America is not my business.
But looking at the photo in the article, I’m worried about another thing - how do short Americans clean the windshield from snow that is fitted at a sharp angle? I understand drivers of large trucks don’t need to clean it at all, just defrost it. Because they are almost vertical. And what about pick-ups?
Sorry for fool and non-topic question, just curious.
Use a long handled ice scraper/snow brush.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #92  
Use a long handled ice scraper/snow brush.
Hope telescopic. Otherwise it would take much space inside a car.

Thanks for answer.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #93  
I call them 'ambulance chasers'..
It's frustrating trying to watch the Wichita KS news where most of the time is taken up by the da%n accident lawyers yakin!
Yes, ambulance chasers!

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #94  
i know many here will not agree with this article, but just to stir the pot.... inho increased size of the pickup over the years to the now monstrous has posed safety hazards for pedestrians. add all the small vehicles now on public roads (i hate scooters, etc) only increases risk.
we have a voracious appetite for power/size/creature comfort, which is ok in iteslf. but there are blind spots on these larger trucks, & the increased power & creature comfort sometimes makes us unaware of our surroundings...add our thirst for social media while driving & it makes a recipe for disaster

(this comment is not intended for those who depend on larger pickups for their trade, etc. just for the mall cruisers in crowded areas)
your thoughts? the link should work
I was born before the last half of the last century. I remember Desotos and Dodge cars built like Battleships. It isn't the trucks, it is the cars that keep getting smaller and smaller and made out of plastic. Those old Packards were built like a tank. Pickups got bigger but not relative to how fast the cars have shrunk. We were all lot better with a flat head engine, or a 440, 383, or a 458 or 409 in front of us.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #96  
I was born before the last half of the last century. I remember Desotos and Dodge cars built like Battleships. It isn't the trucks, it is the cars that keep getting smaller and smaller and made out of plastic. Those old Packards were built like a tank. Pickups got bigger but not relative to how fast the cars have shrunk. We were all lot better with a flat head engine, or a 440, 383, or a 458 or 409 in front of us.
Watch when a newer Chevy Malibu crashes into a much heavier 1959 Chevy Bel Air. The old heavy car didn't fare too good.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #98  
Darwin is alive and well.

Unloading pallets from a container on a truck - guy walks between my tractor and the container. I yelled at him about it, ten minutes later, he does it again. Another container being unloaded, the (presumably) trained truck driver who is supposed to have read or at least heard of OSHA (most common industrial accident: "caught between") does exactly the same thing.

Wife stands three feet away taking pictures . . . "I want you to stand back 25 feet!!!!" She's VERY insulted - "I'm not going to get hurt!" (With an artificial hip and two knee replacements, she's not exactly sprightly.)

Anyway, here's my solution to traffic safety. YMMV.
1200x640-2k.jpg

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #99  
^^^^^
I want one! Do they make an EV? :eek: 😆

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #100  
There are places where the bumper hitch must be removed from its sleeve if it is not being used.
Yeah, I found that out in Pennsylvania. I rented a u-haul, and when I dropped it off, the u-haul guy told my I'd better pull my hitch out of the receiver or a cop might pull me over. It was rusted in, so I had to take my chances with that.

I like to remove it when I'm not using it anyway, because I'll find it with my shin the next time I walk behind the vehicle anyway.... OUCH!!!! :LOL: