Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #5,021  
I may have posted a pic of my rail anvil before but it's worth a repeat. My BIL made it for me as a Christmas gift 40 years ago. It survived my shop fire. Rarely gets used but handy when needed.

20211225_082655.jpg

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop
#5,023  
Cable hangers added to the new welding table. Here they are tacked in place.

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0690.jpg

They also work for clamps !

IMG_0691.jpg

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop
#5,024  
I decided the 5" steel casters recessed in the base would work okay. If not the plan was to allow the base to sit flat on the floor and move with the pallet jack.

This necessitated fabbing up a floor lock for the "swivel" end to stabilize

I modified a big toggle clamp...

IMG_0660.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

here it is tacked in place. Works surprisingly well.

IMG_0663.jpg

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #5,026  
I unfortunately don't know who made or the history of this track anvil but the craftsmanship is pretty incredible.

View attachment 726442
That anvil maker was an artist. I guess my brother has dad's. I have a short one and a 10ft piece for a disk drag .

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #5,027  
Terry, you are just too cool!

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #5,029  
I like your "lock" system. I built pads on each corner using 3/4" bolts with saucers welded to the heads and a nut welded to the table leg. They work well but take a few seconds to "set". Your idea is quick and easy.

I wanted my table to be easy to push around so I put good casters on it. I made the mistake of putting the vise on the swivel caster end. If doing any sizeable vise project I have to lower the pads or chase the table around the shop.

Here's a pic of the pads. And a pic of the table earning it's keep so there's no doubt that we have dirt down here. :)

20160224_112925 (1280x720).jpg

20180301_165746 (1280x720).jpg

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #5,030  
First it was ball peen ****, then it was vise ****, now it is welding table ****. Keep it coming 🔩⚙️🔧