Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,681  
And I'm sure your Fisker is a nice car.
Its just not my cup of tea.
Spray some of Elon's "Burnt Hair" in the Fisker and Tesla owners would switch brands!
2024_05_14_17.39.11.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,683  
Rich Rebuilds owning one is a plus to the Ocean community. I hope they get the lot of 4000 on shore soon.
There is a very high probability Fisker is done.

Everything breaks eventually. Most people buying a Fisker are a special kind of stupid. A few will be smart enough and talented enough to keep them operating.

I am blessed to be able to afford decent vehicles and skilled enough to do simply repairs. But I am 73, and do not want to wrench on stuff anymore. I had to do that in the past to save money.

Tomorrow I am getting the belts replaced on the 2015 F150. $60 in parts and $100 in labor. I will sit on my ass at the local rural auto shop while someone else does the work. This is one of many reasons I am hesitant to get an EV. I can keep an ICE running easily and affordably. In eight years, I have spent less than $2000 on parts and repairs.

When something breaks on the Fisker, and many other EVs, parts will be expensive and in some cases unavailable.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,684  
Fisker just discounted the Ocean more. Eliminating some $2800 destination charge.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,686  
And not much has changed. Lol
Your right, it's still a circle jerk....but three characters have clear roles now :) ..... the deaf one would be Trad, (ignoring 20 people at TBN) Gale and Grumpy alternate wearing the other 2 monkey suits. ;)

Attachments

• R-1.jpeg
    R-1.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 16
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,687  
I had hopes you would quote that article. Do you want to talk about the supply chain on getting that fuel to the outback. No....I did not think so.
Sure.

They deliver the fuel for competitive prices. Is all accumulated in the final sale price. So whatever difficulties are involved, they are overcome and accounted for.

However, you are avoiding the original point. Claimed BP was going to power EV charging sites with mean old evil diesel. I counted with proof "it ain't as bad as your imagination wishes." Then you deflected.

Quite frankly I don't care where my electricity comes from.

I can get electricity from diesel. You can't power your gasoline ICE from diesel.

I can get electricity from the sun. You can't power your ICE from the sun.

I can get electricity from coal. Attempts to make gasoline from coal have been economic disasters.

I can get electricity from oil. How about that, you too can get gasoline from oil!

I can get electricity from the local nuclear power plant. You can not power your ICE from nuclear.

I can get electricity from hydroelectric plants. You can not power your ICE from water running down hill.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,688  
Local Tesla charging station vandalized having charge cords cut… all 20.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,689  
that's the trim level I have (5 seater, Long Range). Really like it. Wipe the white seats down once per week with baby wipes and they still look clean.
I wanted blue with white seats. Not to be had from inventory. Inventory cars had a $3500 discount. So white would have cost $3500 + $1000.