Bad Boy Starting Issues with Vanguard 36HP

/ Bad Boy Starting Issues with Vanguard 36HP
Good to know as I was looking at them at Tractor Supply, but then most of the powered equipment that TSC sells is questionable stuff anyway and if there is an issue, TSC is totally unable to address it so with their obviously poor warranty attitude, I've crossed them of my list entirely.
Yea, I've had a number of issues with them. My dealer is great, the factory... ugh. Came from the factory with a loose hose on one of the hydro pumps. Spun outward, got into the tire, ruined the hose (with about 3 hours on the meter). Dealer replaced the hose, out of his own pocket. Factory wouldn't cover it. The other hoses were loose too, when we checked them all.

Bearing started failing on the mower belt clutch before the first season was out. Bearing isn't replaceable. They wouldn't cover it. "Still works". Never mind the shrieking and rattling whenever the mower drive isn't engaged. The entire clutch has to be replaced, with the same junk from Bad Boy. Luckily, my dealer has discovered an aftermarket clutch assembly that works much better than badboys, and it has replaceable bearings, should the need arise.

Then their was the weak cranking issue they wouldn't acknowledge.

And they changed the design of the parking brake in my model year. The design didn't work... You can adjust it perfectly, 2 weeks later, you have no parking brake again. They changed the design again on future models. No repair / fix provided for mine.

The belt routing to the hydro pumps makes it easy for the left hydro pump to start slipping when you are working it hard. The hotter it gets outside / the longer you run it, the more likely it starts to slip. Half way up a hill, and suddenly you are turning left.... and remember, no parking brake.... Once it slips a bit, it heats up and glazes the belt... then its just junk till you replace the belt. The belt is a non-standard hard-to-find width. And of course, expensive from Bad Boy.

Their newer mowers, no surprise, have a completely different belt routing system.

The best part of it all however, was when I tried to get in contact with some folks at corporate about the issues. I got back one friendly response, which asked for more info. And then they ghosted me. Never responded again, wouldn't call back. Tried another contact at the factory, also, no response.

The lesson is learned... pay a bit more for Green.....

/ Bad Boy Starting Issues with Vanguard 36HP #12  
The lesson is learned... pay a bit more for Green....
I don't do Green as a rule. I much prefer yellow as in Cub Cadet. Had excellent luck with both of my CC commercial grade mowers. Quite a difference between box store CC and commercial CC mowers I might add.