B2650 MMM Pin Up

/ B2650 MMM Pin Up #1  

oldballs

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620 , Case 448 , Kubota B2650
Guys,

Do any of you have experience with the pin up procedure of the MMM to hold it up while using the 3 point??? I tried to do it, and quit after about an hour of twisting, reading, and cussing . My conclusion at that point was to just leave the MMM mounted since this particular 3 pt job was not that involved. Otherwise, it seems simpler to just remove the MMM.

Cheers,
Mike

/ B2650 MMM Pin Up
Hasn't any B2650 owner tried this?

Thanks

/ B2650 MMM Pin Up #3  
Guys,

Do any of you have experience with the pin up procedure of the MMM to hold it up while using the 3 point??? I tried to do it, and quit after about an hour of twisting, reading, and cussing . My conclusion at that point was to just leave the MMM mounted since this particular 3 pt job was not that involved. Otherwise, it seems simpler to just remove the MMM.

Cheers,
Mike

60" or 72" MMM?

The mid mower brackets are different for 60" and 72" MMMs. You will not be able to install the pins that hold the MMM in the fully raised position unless you have the correct mid mower brackets.

Just sorted this out with my B3350.

Works fine now.

SDT

/ B2650 MMM Pin Up
Thanks,SDT.

Mine is a 60 inch MMM and the brackets are in place. However, it looks like a lot of work to make the changes necessary for the pin up. For some short term chores, the pin up would be nice if it, in itself, was easy to do.

My last chore using the 3 point to pull a Pine Needle Rake was not all that risky, so I just left the MMM attached. At this point I will just remove the MMM if necessary, which seems like less work than the pin up procedure.

Thanks again, maybe I'm missing something in the Kubota procedure....or other owners have arrived at the same conclusion.

Cheers,
Mike

P.S. Maybe my brackets are not the right ones.?? The dealer assembly of the whole unit was poor.

/ B2650 MMM Pin Up #5  
Thanks,SDT.

Mine is a 60 inch MMM and the brackets are in place. However, it looks like a lot of work to make the changes necessary for the pin up. For some short term chores, the pin up would be nice if it, in itself, was easy to do.

My last chore using the 3 point to pull a Pine Needle Rake was not all that risky, so I just left the MMM attached. At this point I will just remove the MMM if necessary, which seems like less work than the pin up procedure.

Thanks again, maybe I'm missing something in the Kubota procedure....or other owners have arrived at the same conclusion.

Cheers,
Mike

P.S. Maybe my brackets are not the right ones.?? The dealer assembly of the whole unit was poor.

Pin up should be seamless and doable in seconds.

Confused here. Are you attempting to pin up the MMM or the lifting mechanism once the MMM has been removed. Two entirely different procedures but both are discussed in the mower owners manual.

You may not be able to pin up either if the mower was not properly installed and adjusted. Again procedures are in the manual.

SDT

/ B2650 MMM Pin Up
Okay,............in a few days, I'll go back to the manual and study up. Got some serious garden catch up to do, now that it has stopped raining.

/ B2650 MMM Pin Up
SDT,

Thanks again.........by studying the MMM owner manual, I see where i was going wrong. I think I got it now. Next time I'm running the machine, I bet there will be no problem. I see the difference in the two procedures. Dah-h-h- and to think......I went to college.:laughing:

/ B2650 MMM Pin Up #9  
Pinning up the deck is much easier than taking it off and on. My deck does not raise high enough with the 3 point hitch to pin it without a little extra help. If I'm by my floor jack, I use that, otherwise I'll use a 2x4 as a lever to help lift it up. I actually videotaped me doing this last weekend just for the fun of it. It's not the best video, but you would get the gist of it. I wasn't planning on uploading it, but I could.

/ B2650 MMM Pin Up
Thanks dae06............the 2 x 4 lever ought to do the trick and reinforces my mind that the procedure really works. As I said before,
for a quick little job, be it a FEL or 3 pt job, the pin up is the way to go. Otherwise, I'd probably take the MMM off.

Cheers,
Mike