b2650 almost rolled need front wheel spacers

/ b2650 almost rolled need front wheel spacers #1  

rrasi

Tractor
still in shopping mode
howdy, i have a b2650 with a LA534 front end loader. i am getting mighty tired of almost rolling this thing daily when i have my front end loader on, (with and without my bucket).
I have a belly mower, I am thinking of getting 3 inch front spacers... but then again, is 3 inches enough? I mow and dump things down on my hill all the time. should I go 4 inches? I already rolled my last machine (yeah it happens quickly)

Does a few inches on both sides really help and how do I determine what size spacers to get?
Also, why are these things so darn expensive? Who has the best deal on them?

/ b2650 almost rolled need front wheel spacers #2  
I have 3" on each side and it makes a big difference. Mine are milled from high strength aluminum and they costed dearly. But I'm worth it.

/ b2650 almost rolled need front wheel spacers #3  
You need wheel spacers for the rear, not the front.

T-B-N ARCHIVE:

VENDER:

/ b2650 almost rolled need front wheel spacers #4  
There is an argument that when the front pivoting axle hits the stop, spacers will add some stability. I guess from a geometry view the axle will hit the stops sooner with the spacers.
That said, spacers on the rear, non pivoting axle, is definitely the way to go to add stability. As far as expense they aren't cheap. I put a set of Bora spacers on my zero turn that I setup for bank mowing.

/ b2650 almost rolled need front wheel spacers #5  
I put a set of Bora spacers on my zero turn that I setup for bank mowing.
Interesting. Have you had to replace the axle bearings yet? Seems like that would place a lot of stress on the "spindly little" drive axles on most ZTRs.

/ b2650 almost rolled need front wheel spacers #6  
Brotek is what I used, 2" front and 3" rear as suggested by the man who makes them there.
The results are a noticeably less unstable machine. Expensive yes. Added stability, yes.
I have loaded rears as well.

/ b2650 almost rolled need front wheel spacers #7  
howdy, i have a b2650 with a LA534 front end loader. i am getting mighty tired of almost rolling this thing daily when i have my front end loader on, (with and without my bucket).
I have a belly mower, I am thinking of getting 3 inch front spacers... but then again, is 3 inches enough? I mow and dump things down on my hill all the time. should I go 4 inches? I already rolled my last machine (yeah it happens quickly)

Does a few inches on both sides really help and how do I determine what size spacers to get?
By the time your front axle reaches its rotational limit, chances are extremely high that your rear axle and frame assembly have already passed the point of no return. Realize that the machine is already on a side slope of some degree to begin the process of turning over sideways, so now you start the process of rotating the frame over that front axle pivot. You add the starting ground angle to the ultimate rotational angle allowed in the front axle. Your going to be travelling over a great amount before the hard stop hits. The odds of it stopping at that hard stop are low at best.

The best option you have is to increase width of the rear axle/wheel assembly by any means possible, add weight to the rear wheels with fluid or bolt on wheel weights to fight the tendency to lift a rear wheel, reduce any unnecessary lift (height) to the loader arms and use operator technique and skill to reduce or eliminate the chance of rotating over.

The front axle width is more of a mental fix than a physical one due to the pivot travel. If you could add a great amount of front axle width, you would eventually get what you are looking for, but inch for inch and pound for pound added, you get exponentially more stability by working these gains on the rear axle compared to the front axle.

/ b2650 almost rolled need front wheel spacers #8  
I went with 3 inch spacer on the REAR of my SCUT.... Made of world of difference.... Still on hillside operation its called go really slow and be aware of tractor balance all the time.... Wheel tractors are not good on sidehills ...EVER....

Yes the BROTEK are the best....

/ b2650 almost rolled need front wheel spacers #9  

I know that uneasy feeling. I have a TZ25da New Holland and finally decided I had to do something. Put 4" spacers on rear wheels and it helped considerably. Like different little tractor.

/ b2650 almost rolled need front wheel spacers #10  
You need wheel spacers for the rear, not the front.

T-B-N ARCHIVE:

VENDER:

That wouldn't be because of the scientific articulation of the frontest most axle, would it ?