Anyone like really old toys?

/ Anyone like really old toys? #31  
What an amazing collection! The most impressive thing is the pristine quality of the toys and packaging. Really special how well cared for they are. I am sure they are worth a lot of money, really cool you would like to donate them to a toy museum when you are done with them. Thanks for sharing!

/ Anyone like really old toys? #32  
AMASING!!!

Even the cardboard has been well cared for.

Thanks for sharing Fuddy.

/ Anyone like really old toys? #33  
The horse on the top shelf with the old baseball glove - is that Barney Google's racehorse?

/ Anyone like really old toys?
The horse on the top shelf with the old baseball glove - is that Barney Google's racehorse?
Every toy has a story!
My grandfather bought Airstream trailers after his plane crash in 1956, later motor homes. I had great vacations with them, 49 states, Mexico, Canada. One trip to Nags Head NC I won that horse playing bingo , I was 7. I found a better picture of it online and description:
"According to the legend, land pirates—also known as “bankers”—who lived in the area in the 1700s would hang a lantern on the neck of an old horse—a “nag”—and walk the horse up and down the tallest natural sand dune on the East Coast, which is now known as Jockey's Ridge State Park."
So an early "lighthouse" guiding ships at night so pirates could pillage after ship ran aground.
The horse became a mascot for grandparents cars, later RVs riding on the dash.
In 1968 before a vacation my grandfather wanted all rubber fuel lines replaced with steel before a vacation, but garage mechanic said it's a new RV, it'll be fine. Halfway on the trip a fuel line leaked, fire started, we all got out ok except RV was a total loss losing everything. Looking through the rubble somehow that Nags Head horse survived...the only thing that did.
Sorry for such a long story.
2023_02_17_10.37.41.jpg
2023_02_17_10.43.59.jpg

Last edited:
   / Anyone like really old toys? #35  
You have many treasures there, the toys, the history behind the toys (your family) and now your tale of that history.

You need to find a way to document all as best you can. That will leave a nice legacy in the eyes of many for the future. So many stories are lost in moments of time.

Good for you, thanks for sharing.

/ Anyone like really old toys? #36  
Awesome story! I knew that I had seen a horse like that in the past. Have been going down to the Outer Banks for 50 years to vacation, fish, and dive offshore!

/ Anyone like really old toys? #37  
What an amazing collection! The most impressive thing is the pristine quality of the toys and packaging. Really special how well cared for they are. I am sure they are worth a lot of money, really cool you would like to donate them to a toy museum when you are done with them. Thanks for sharing!
Funny you should mention a toy museum. I was attending a car show in Gunnison Colorado, and while there, visited a museum at the site. I noticed a small rocket ship toy that I recall my uncles playing with back in the 40's. It was designed to run on a string, held by two people. I asked the attendant if she knew what it was, and she didn't. When I told her, she got excited and said she was going to test it out!

1676738055294.png

It looked like this:

/ Anyone like really old toys? #39  
This is a little bigger but still a toy!
David from jax
View attachment 784535
We had one of those. I wish that I still did. Hopefully my parents gave it to another family where it was appreciated.

I also had a windup train very briefly, the same size as an electric. I don't recall seeing it after we moved though.

/ Anyone like really old toys? #40  
This was my favorite toy as a kid. My father got it in 1935 and gave it to me, after I swore to take very good care of it, when I was 10 years old. I fascinated all the other kids with it and most could not figure out how it worked. Below is a Youtube video of it working. I just wish he had not shown people how it works. I still have it plus some more modern imitations of it.

marx yogi.jpg