Any suggestions on a camera?

/ Any suggestions on a camera? #11  
ya know, i dropped 5 grand on my Canon setup a few years back.

But i hardly ever yse it. cell phone pics are so much easier and convenient.
I have an old Canon 10D, but also a lot of L series glass. A nice collection, but like you I don’t use it much anymore. But to respond to the OP, I’m a big fan of the Canon point and shoot cameras.

/ Any suggestions on a camera? #13  
I'll stick with a camera, even a point-n-shoot is better than a phone. They just aren't the "swis army knife" some people think they are.

/ Any suggestions on a camera? #14  
I'll stick with a camera, even a point-n-shoot is better than a phone. They just aren't the "swis army knife" some people think they are.
I don't think this is totally true. Yes, if you're doing your own F stops, exposures, micro/macro/zoom the phones have a long way to go. For 99.9% of people the phone will take an as good or better picture than the same person could take with a camera, toss on that the handiness of a phone sized tool and there really isn't a comparison.

I retire pretty soon, the day I do I'm getting rid of my smartphone cell service but I'm keeping the phone as a palm size tool just for the camera and a few other applications I use regularly for shooting/flying/farming/designing/building.

/ Any suggestions on a camera?
Ok here's the deal. I have some motorcycle parts that I want to put on Craig's List, so I take the pictures and remove the USB card from the camera, put it in the computer and send the pictures along with the ad. Don't know how to do that with the cell phone pictures. So there you have it, don't need a high dollar camera. Thanks. RRM

/ Any suggestions on a camera? #16  
I use the low-end Lumix models but seems any point-n-shoot would work for that as long as it has a usb card.

/ Any suggestions on a camera? #17  
My take on this is a Smart Phone camera replaces everything the old 110 and 126 film "point and shoot" camera's did, as well as most digital "Point and shoot".

Most folks keep pictures on their phone or maybe make 3x5 or 5x7 prints. Even that is not as common anymore. Or they post pictures on Facebook, Craigslist etc. You do not need a high end point and shoot, or a SLR for that.

If you want to make enlargements or capture detail, then a SLR with good lenses, or even a high end "point and shoot" are the way to go.

There's still things that a SLR will let you do that are difficult or hard to do with a smart phone or point and shoot.

But... with any camera, you can take some pretty nice pictures with good composition and minding the basics of lighting etc. Have seen relatively junk camera's used to take a great picture, while another using a high end SLR with fancy glass gets a poor or mediocre picture...

/ Any suggestions on a camera? #18  
Ok here's the deal. I have some motorcycle parts that I want to put on Craig's List, so I take the pictures and remove the USB card from the camera, put it in the computer and send the pictures along with the ad. Don't know how to do that with the cell phone pictures. So there you have it, don't need a high dollar camera. Thanks. RRM
You don't need high resolution pictures for Craigslist.

Smart Phone camera downloads digitally or by cable/USB are easy to find with a simple web search or YouTube search :D

/ Any suggestions on a camera? #19  
My take on this is a Smart Phone camera replaces everything the old 110 and 126 film "point and shoot" camera's did, as well as most digital "Point and shoot".

Most folks keep pictures on their phone or maybe make 3x5 or 5x7 prints. Even that is not as common anymore. Or they post pictures on Facebook, Craigslist etc. You do not need a high end point and shoot, or a SLR for that.

If you want to make enlargements or capture detail, then a SLR with good lenses, or even a high end "point and shoot" are the way to go.

There's still things that a SLR will let you do that are difficult or hard to do with a smart phone or point and shoot.

But... with any camera, you can take some pretty nice pictures with good composition and minding the basics of lighting etc. Have seen relatively junk camera's used to take a great picture, while another using a high end SLR with fancy glass gets a poor or mediocre picture...
The OP wants to transfer photos via USB card.

/ Any suggestions on a camera? #20  
The point and shoot camera market was killed off by the cameras built into phones.

$35 for Nikon D70s (CCD sensor) in good condition plus $43.33 for the 18-55 kit lens. The D70s has a CCD sensor whose color rendition still stands up today. The LCD viewfinder is meh by today's standards. It will make great pictures in outdoor lighting. Indoors, you will need a flash or the pictures will look terrible. If you are just going to shot a general picture and upload it to your computer to edit, this is all you need.

If you need to make detailed close up photos of parts, then go with this 40mm macro lens that will also do better in low light. Nikon Nikkor AF-S 40mm f2.8 G DX Micro Lens AFS

If you can increase your budget, I'd get a Nikon Z50 plus the kit lens that goes with it. Nikon Z 50 | Compact Entry Level DX Mirrorless Camera $799 currently, but I have seen used versions for less. Vastly improved viewscreen, megapixels, etc.