Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti

/ Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #21  
I am betting Kioti is going to be very happy to get you off of their client list…..

/ Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #22  
That's not really correct, I'm sure the tractor could fit any Cat1 (maybe it's Cat2) impliment, but that doesn't mean it can't make contact, or will work well. As much as we want to think of it being Legos, you can buy, and fit a 36" asphalt milling head to your tractors loader, and I can tell you, not only will it not work well, you will beat the machine to death with the vibration. It's on you to size the impliments to work with the machine. If you bought a angling rear grader blade, say 8 ft, and angled it into the tire, with an over sized blade, that Does fit the machine, that's still your fault.

I'm not arguing for or against you or Kioti; but if you take your money to Kubota, and buy an Mx5800, or whatever, and also tell them you want a 8 ft off set disc; they will sell you what you ask and pay for. Doesn't mean it will work
A quick hitch that the dealer supplied and sold should not hit the fender. I've never seen a QH hit a fender before and maybe it was the implement and not the QH but if it was it shouldn't happen.

/ Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #23  
You are not the only one who has had issues - issues that really should not be happening if their quality control processes were top notch.

Broken Valve due to bad head casting

After I got it back from warranty service for the bad head casting, it was leaking coolant from somewhere under the bottom of the rad.

It is currently back at the dealer (10days so far) and I get the sense that the dealer and Kioti are discussing who is going to pay for this new repair?
Was the rad broken during the last warranty service OR is it a new failure??

I like the tractor, but I do not want the Kioti dealer to be on speed dial. Seriously thinking about trading the unit for a Kubota now.

I work for a customer who owns a 148 acre farm. They are wealthy beyond our comprehension. They just bought a Kubota 6060 from a local farm/Ag dealership with 8 locations in 5 states for their grounds-keeping crew. Its a Kubota 6060 and with less than 100 hours, the engine quickly overheated, blew head gasket & took out a couple pistons.
They are thoroughly disappointed with the tractor. The dealership was accusatory of them that they ruined a new tractor with under 100 hours. I know the guy who runs it and he’s top notch. They traded an older (~20 year old) L model in on it. It took a long time to replace the engine. They had no tractor for a month during a busy summer. They were furious over the slow service and run-around they got.

Folks, the moral of the story here is all brands have some terds imbedded in their lineups. These are machines with occasional flaws. Even the best brands can have difficult issues.

Best thing to do with equipment, especially if used to make your money, is buy from reputable, well stocked, and well thought of local dealers. Avoid the Johnny come lately or shaky dealers. Don’t be their guinea pigs.

/ Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #24  
I work for a customer who owns a 148 acre farm. They are wealthy beyond our comprehension. They just bought a Kubota 6060 from a local farm/Ag dealership with 8 locations in 5 states for their grounds-keeping crew. Its a Kubota 6060 and with less than 100 hours, the engine quickly overheated, blew head gasket & took out a couple pistons.
They are thoroughly disappointed with the tractor. The dealership was accusatory of them that they ruined a new tractor with under 100 hours. I know the guy who runs it and he’s top notch. They traded an older (~20 year old) L model in on it. It took a long time to replace the engine. They had no tractor for a month during a busy summer. They were furious over the slow service and run-around they got.

Folks, the moral of the story here is all brands have some terds imbedded in their lineups. These are machines with occasional flaws. Even the best brands can have difficult issues.

Best thing to do with equipment, especially if used to make your money, is buy from reputable, well stocked, and well thought of local dealers. Avoid the Johnny come lately or shaky dealers. Don’t be their guinea pigs.
Yup....I hear you and know this and I am torn about the devil you know VS a new one yet to be danced with.

Like I said I like the tractor, but I do not like getting involved in a 'discussion' between dealer and manufacturer over a warranty claim..........invariable I have the feeling somehow I will be to blame for some issue. Things are complicated, you know????

I have already experienced the injector issue/fuel filter & tank drain (somehow (???) I was told I put bad or adulterated diesel into the tank).

I think this was bunk.....but here is the circular logic....."the diesel in the tank did not smell right" - where do you get your diesel fuel?

Well I get it from the local Shell dealer - they sell 2 grades of diesel - one plain low sulphur and one with some Shell additive for a premium price........but both are delivered thru a single hose at the pump......so even if you buy the standard diesel (which I do as I see no reason to pay more for 'magical' diesel), it is possible you could bet a hose-full of the diesel plus additive even if you only buy the standard grade.

The Kioti manual tells you NO fuel additives.....(it could be used as a reason to deny a warranty claim(?). Ok, OK..... diesel fuel is in an open system. It could be 'doctored' anywhere along the supply chain - including the equipment dealers shop. Proving who added anything to the tank is a fools errand.

I now get my diesel at the local CO-OP and keep the receipts so I don't get into this circular discussion again about a possible Shell diesel additive from their retail pump voiding a warranty.

Ya, I don't know what I will do. I am old enough to have experienced a few different dealers business tricks.......and all of them know they they always ultimately have the upper hand in any 'discussion' ....from multiple angles.

I have not made up my mind yet, but I am certainly thinking about it.

/ Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #25  
If you feel something is not as reliable as it should be, and you’re not getting the support you feel that you should, it’s time to sell it and try something else.

It doesn’t really matter whose fault any of it was. It didn’t work out. Time to recover what you can out of the deal and try some other company, equipment, and dealerships.

The alternative is keeping it, and I think we can all guess how you will feel if something else goes wrong.

/ Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #26  
I'm 61. I've got plenty of experience on tractors, using attachments and such. This was serious clearance issue. It's fixed now and doesn't hit the fender anymore. Thats why I pointed it out. Thanks.
How did you fix this? Did you have a cat 2 quick hitch on this?

Last edited:
   / Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #27  
A quick hitch that the dealer supplied and sold should not hit the fender. I've never seen a QH hit a fender before and maybe it was the implement and not the QH but if it was it shouldn't happen.
I would wager the top link was set as short as it would go. Or possibly a non stock short cat 1 top link.

/ Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #28  
I have to add that if someone is expert enough to smell something is wrong with diesel fuel, they should be prepared to specify exactly what is wrong and prove it.

I would take that as them pre-warning me that they are not going to push Kioti to help in any way. My concern may even be that they are trying to avoid filing warranty claims with Kioti.

My trust in that person would probably be breached beyond repair by that statement if he could not support it with anything factual. I despise being lied to. The words a person chooses to use are very important. I will not voluntarily place myself in a position where I need to rely on or pay someone that lies to me.

Last edited:
   / Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #29  
I’ve seen that “bad fuel” claim used on diesel pickups before. The guy I know had a newer Cummins and they showed him a jar of the fuel. I told him I bet they just had a jar laying around they used over and over. I think the truck had less than 20,000 miles on it.

/ Add this to the list of reasons I’m going to sell my Kioti #30  
Yup....I hear you and know this and I am torn about the devil you know VS a new one yet to be danced with.

Like I said I like the tractor, but I do not like getting involved in a 'discussion' between dealer and manufacturer over a warranty claim..........invariable I have the feeling somehow I will be to blame for some issue. Things are complicated, you know????

I have already experienced the injector issue/fuel filter & tank drain (somehow (???) I was told I put bad or adulterated diesel into the tank).

I think this was bunk.....but here is the circular logic....."the diesel in the tank did not smell right" - where do you get your diesel fuel?

Well I get it from the local Shell dealer - they sell 2 grades of diesel - one plain low sulphur and one with some Shell additive for a premium price........but both are delivered thru a single hose at the pump......so even if you buy the standard diesel (which I do as I see no reason to pay more for 'magical' diesel), it is possible you could bet a hose-full of the diesel plus additive even if you only buy the standard grade.

The Kioti manual tells you NO fuel additives.....(it could be used as a reason to deny a warranty claim(?). Ok, OK..... diesel fuel is in an open system. It could be 'doctored' anywhere along the supply chain - including the equipment dealers shop. Proving who added anything to the tank is a fools errand.

I now get my diesel at the local CO-OP and keep the receipts so I don't get into this circular discussion again about a possible Shell diesel additive from their retail pump voiding a warranty.

Ya, I don't know what I will do. I am old enough to have experienced a few different dealers business tricks.......and all of them know they they always ultimately have the upper hand in any 'discussion' ....from multiple angles.

I have not made up my mind yet, but I am certainly thinking about it.
"The Kioti manual tells you NO fuel additives". What about anti gel in the winter?