A new project

/ A new project #41  
Re: A new project..rake wheel photos

Keith -

Thanks for stepping out in the open. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Sounds like you have much to contribute, and we need all we can get. Apparently you're a do-it-yourselfer, so you'll find plenty to chat about on this board.

I checked out the links -- very good info. Thanks. Now, exactly when does Santa come back? /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

Here's an example of how to do a link (just replace the parentheses with square brackets [ ] ) --

(url=http://www.tractorbynet.com)Click Here(/url)

Look forward to hearing more from you.

HarvSig.gif

/ A new project #42  

Von, I was a little confused by the pictures. Does the 3PH setup pivot sideways for storage? I assume that is what the large pin is for above the small wheel in front.

You and LarryT are awesome /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I want a welder, I do, I do, I do.....

<font color=green>mark</font color=green>
18-26750-markcg2000.gif

/ A new project #43  

Larry,
The rake is a Howse brand that I got at Central Tractor for $100.00. It was missing the top part of the 3 pt hitch. I made one up in 20 min. and had a rake! The wheels make a big difference and I had the tires from a old snow blower. I ordered a new set from Harbor Freight, but they were too tall so I just used the rims. I made up the yokes and holders from some scrap steel I had laying around. You have to leave the top link on the 3pt. or it would just lay down in the front and not float as well. As for the quality of the rake its OK for the little I use it, but I would not recommend it for heavy use. It does look a lot better than the King Kutter ones that they are selling now. (The tines are bigger on mine) The price was right when I got it so I didn't think I could lose at that price. My total cost with rake and wheels is about $130.00, and that includes repainting it. The red paint was so thin it was worn off just sitting in the back lot at the store.

Mark,
Your right it is turned sidways to store it, only way it will fit thru the door. Having the 3rd. wheel makes moving and installing it to tractor a breeze.
Von

/ A new project #44  

Ok Von, forget about the rake,(ok, very nice job, wish I had one) what I want to know is details of the building that it is housed in? It looks like new constuction but done the "old" way. What about it?

/ A new project #45  

Jon,
It is a carriage house that was built around 1880's at my best guess. It is part of my antique shop property. The house was built in 1839 and then redone in the 1890's to its present form. The house is 4500sq.ft. and the carriage house is 3500sq.ft. (See photos) The carriage house basement has a new floor in it, giving it that "new look". There are 3 ac. with the property.

Von

Attachments

• 37-27910-barn.jpg
    37-27910-barn.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 158
   / A new project #46  

Nice place Von! I've got a question about your pictures they are under one heading but three will download at the same time. How is that done??? The computer is still much smarter than I am.
Thanks
Gordon

/ A new project #47  

Gordon,
I use photoshop, a program that will put all three images as one photo. Harv can most likely explan it better than I can. I just know how to do it. It is quite simple once you learn how. I would think any photo program would be able to flatten the photos as one JPG.

Von

/ A new project #48  

Thanks for the info! Looks like I've got some more learning to do. Guess anything is easy once you know how to do it./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Gordon

/ A new project #49  

Von does it the same way I do, Gordon. In fact, I just covered this in a recent post but I can't recall which thread it was offhand.

Most image editing programs let you arrange pixels any way you want on a page, or "canvas". By copying and pasting, you can put multiple pictures on that page and save the whole thing as a single file.

It only seems like magic until you know how it's done. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ A new project #50  
All, I have a stick welder and I have "sticks" that are made to cut. Turn the power way up and just blast away. Sometimes it's not pretty, but when you can't get a recip saw in there....

Along a different line... has anyone used PB Weld for anything, and what did you think? Did it last?
I've found it to be pretty darn good in the right "lightweight" application.

gary