3rd Function hoses dragging - looking for a good solution

/ 3rd Function hoses dragging - looking for a good solution #11  
There was a time when I had around a dozen barn cats. Then something got to them and the numbers rapidly dropped. Right now the coyotes seem to be doing a pretty fair job on the mice and chipmunks.

However - there are always more - waiting out there in the "wings".

/ 3rd Function hoses dragging - looking for a good solution #12  
We've got barn cats and they multiply about the same speed that they disappear. I think coons get some of the young ones. We do have a great horned owl nesting nearby.
Natures food chain. Guess cats aren't just appreciated as food in Oriential countries....lol

/ 3rd Function hoses dragging - looking for a good solution #13  
Hose saver spring, bungee to loader frame and nylon sleeve over the hoses.
Sleeve most hoses to keep the sun off and briars from cutting the rubber cover.

/ 3rd Function hoses dragging - looking for a good solution #14  
Bungee cord here wrapped around torque tube and hoses. I’ve got 6+ years on it so far.

/ 3rd Function hoses dragging - looking for a good solution #15  
What hoses are you trying to hold up? I'm not familiar with a Kubota. I don't have hanging hoses on my JD. On my old 5310 I heated and bent a piece of drill rod into a loop and tack welded it to the torque tube and ran my grapple hoses through it. That holds them up but allows them to slide each way.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / 3rd Function hoses dragging - looking for a good solution
What hoses are you trying to hold up? I'm not familiar with a Kubota. I don't have hanging hoses on my JD. On my old 5310 I heated and bent a piece of drill rod into a loop and tack welded it to the torque tube and ran my grapple hoses through it. That holds them up but allows them to slide each way.
It is a Mahindra 2638. The quick connects are mounted out in front just above the grapple. That is leaving a lot of hose hanging more than a foot below the attachment. I found a Titan hose saver for 30 bucks and of course, I will have to paint it but that is ok. I appreciate all the feedback as you can't find things using Google when you don't know the words to find stuff like this.

/ 3rd Function hoses dragging - looking for a good solution #17  
I've been using a rope temporarily but looking for a better long term solution on my hydraulic broom. So keeping an eye on this thread too...

/ 3rd Function hoses dragging - looking for a good solution #18  
I had similar hose problems on my tree puller and grapple. Using a $3 hay rake tooth (spring) from the local farm store and some scrap steel I fabricated these. It was an advantage being able to make the height specific to the each application to deal with the amount of excess hose each situation had.
IMG_0848.JPG
IMG_0849.JPG
IMG_0280.JPG

/ 3rd Function hoses dragging - looking for a good solution #19