2555 Shuttle Price?

/ 2555 Shuttle Price? #1  

SethWilliams

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 4243, Mahindra 2555
I'm looking at purchasing a 2555 Shuttle with loader. The tractor will either be financed with no payments til January and 2.99% for 60 after that so I can avoid the $1500 fee or financed with 0% for 72, but I have to pay the $1500 financing fee plus I won't be eligible for the $1000 cash rebate. The tractor will be used for bush hogging, cleaning up fence rows, feeding and moving 5x5 bales, raking hay, and general farm maintenance.

The best price I've got so far, with the 2.99 financing and $1000 rebate, is $26,900. Another quote I got with 0% (I'm not sure if the $1,500 fee is included or not) was for $27,800. So those two are pretty much comparable when you deduct the rebate, assuming the financing fee is not included. I got one more quote for $33,500, which is crazy high.

I have sat on a 2565 and really liked it, so I'm going to drive the 55 on Friday and see if I like it. I'm going to finance a 6 ft bush hog and box blade since there's a $750 rebate if I buy two implements. What do you guys think? Is around $27 fair or should I try to negotiate them down a fair amount? I don't have a hay spear or pallet forks, so I'm thinking of asking if they would throw those in the deal.

/ 2555 Shuttle Price? #2  
I was quoted 30500 for 255 cab, shuttle, loader no remotes (cash). It was a demo though with 20 hrs

/ 2555 Shuttle Price? #3  
Those prices are crazy good! I cant sell one for that

/ 2555 Shuttle Price? #4  
FYI......A word to the wise...........before you sign that contract, read ALL the fine print terms and how your payments are applied etc. that the dealers don't tell you. There is no such thing as "0%", it's typically about 4k added to the "cash" price. And, as the dealers know or should know by now, if those implements don't have a "Mahindra" sticker on them and you finance them with the tractor............the lowest interest rate you'll get will be 5.99%

/ 2555 Shuttle Price? #5  
FYI......A word to the wise...........before you sign that contract, read ALL the fine print terms and how your payments are applied etc. that the dealers don't tell you. There is no such thing as "0%", it's typically about 4k added to the "cash" price. And, as the dealers know or should know by now, if those implements don't have a "Mahindra" sticker on them and you finance them with the tractor............the lowest interest rate you'll get will be 5.99%

strange that I just did one with other implements at 3.99%.. also one at 4.99%... wise is a broad term I guess

/ 2555 Shuttle Price?
I went to one of the dealers yesterday and drove he 2555 and got a final quote. The only thing I don't like about the tractor is the location of the loader. I have long arms and I have to fully stretch them to reach the loader. The dealer said that there is a bracket kit he can install to move it four or five inches closer to the operator.

The final price I got for the 2555 with loader, canopy, filled rears, 6 ft slip clutch bush hog, and 6 ft box blade is $28,000. That price is no payments til January, then 3.99% for 72. The 3.99 isn't a big deal, as I plan on paying it off in a year or two.

Good points about the contract. I will look into how the payments are applied as well as what brand the implements are. The only things it doesn't have that I want are a block heater, pallet forks, and hay spear. I'm going to ask that those be thrown in and if so, we have a deal.

I am waiting on one more quote from a big dealer. Another quote I got was for 29,000, but I'm not impressed by the dealer. The salesman is nice but they haven't been a mahindra dealer very long and they don't carry much inventory.

I'm looking forward to to finalizing the deal and finally getting my tractor. My wife is ready too - she is tired of hearing about all the comparisons!

/ 2555 Shuttle Price?
I added a block heater as well as a front hay spear and pallet forks, and the total price from one of my dealers came in at $29,350. How does that sound?

/ 2555 Shuttle Price? #8  
That an open stage?

/ 2555 Shuttle Price? #10  
Oh ok that explains it