2025 Question

/ 2025 Question #1  

dodge man

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 2025R
I've owned a Kubota BX for about 10 years and would like to step up a tractor size if I can do it for the right money. There is a JD 2025R not to far away at a JD dealer. I have a couple of questions.

I thought I had read somewhere that when using the loader you can curl the bucket, or lift the bucket, but not both at the same time. Same thing when dumping the bucket, only one function is available at a time. Is this correct?

They want $15,900 and it has about 280 hours on it. 54" inch mower deck and FEL with turf tires. Fair price?

Since its 25 hp, I assume no DPF?

Anything else I should know about this model?

/ 2025 Question #2  
I've owned a Kubota BX for about 10 years and would like to step up a tractor size if I can do it for the right money. There is a JD 2025R not to far away at a JD dealer. I have a couple of questions.

I thought I had read somewhere that when using the loader you can curl the bucket, or lift the bucket, but not both at the same time. Same thing when dumping the bucket, only one function is available at a time. Is this correct?

They want $15,900 and it has about 280 hours on it. 54" inch mower deck and FEL with turf tires. Fair price?

Since its 25 hp, I assume no DPF?

Anything else I should know about this model?

I bought a 2520 similarly equipped for $11,000 with 700 hours. After the additional snow blower i was at 14,000 and have been happy with it so far. Especially the snow blower part.

/ 2025 Question #3  
I believe the 2025 has essentially the same loader system as my 2320 (older model). You can lift and curl are the same time. However, as with any lower powered machine, the combined action is slow because you are limited in hydraulic flow. A few years ago someone put out some videos trying to show why the JD was not as capable as Kubota. In addition to having incorrect statements on the capability, the operator seemed to be someone who had never been on a tractor before.

/ 2025 Question #5  
The 2025R has the best FEL of the 3 tractors that I've had. Can lift and curl at the same time. It's goof proof, unlike the very quirky one on the 1025R.

No DPF. Think it's 24.5 hp.

The front Ujoint on my 4010 (=2019E in today's nomenclature) at 660 hour and 9 years. The 2025Rs have the same problem. JD refuses to put flexible discs or decent Ujoints in there and say (outside the owners manual) that they should be greased. Not even sure the front one has a grease zerk, and there's a very skinny window to get a very long grease gun snout onto it. I finally located mine and will have to look again to see if it has a zerk. Not even 200 hours; so not concerned yet. Rear one has a 45 degree zerk on it that should be a straight one. I'll eventually maybe unscrew it and put a straight one in there to be able to grease it.

Turf tires are okay without FEL but cannot imagine having a tractor without an FEL. A zero turn would be better for pure mowing.

Ralph

/ 2025 Question
I'm going in a couple of hours to look at a brand new 2025R. I think I will probably end up buying it, they came down quite a bit on the price of the new JD and gave me more money for my BX2350 than I thought they would. From what I've read and researched the only problem I see is a u-joint issue that is hard to grease and the auto connect deck not working if not set up correctly. If the deal happens I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy it.

/ 2025 Question
Done deal, JD2025R, 60" auto connect deck, end loader, rim guard in the rear tires, mulch kit for the deck, and minus one BX2350. Probably get it by the end of next week. Not sure of the exact price because he wasn't sure exactly how much the rimguard would be but it will be about 12.6k plus the BX for trade.

A couple of things impressed me about the JD over my BX. The end loader come off easy on my BX but even easier on the JD. I was also shocked at how tight it turns. Its quite a bit bigger than my BX but it feels like it turns tighter

/ 2025 Question #8  
Hey Dave... I have the 2018 Gen2 2025R, it helps to have the rpm's higher at times. But no it's not going to work all directions together such as the bigger models.

/ 2025 Question
Brought home the JD 2025 a couple of days ago. I forgot to get some pics of it side by side with the BX2350.

My first impressions are generally good. Even though the specs don't say so, the loader feels much stronger and is without a doubt much faster. That's also a little bad, since the controls feel much more sensitive. Part of that is the joystick is much shorter.

The drive over autoconnect deck, pretty sweet. I put the deck on my BX before I picked up the JD, didn't time it but probably took 20 minutes but it always seems much longer. Its not difficult, just awkward, getting the driveshaft hooked up being the worst. It took me about 5 minutes to take the deck off the JD and it was the first time I did it. I think it goes on just as quick. Its not a hands free operation though, there are some large cotter like pins you have to put in on each side that lock it in place and you have to set the guide wheels so they aren't locked and let the deck set on the ground, but they are all easy to do, takes maybe 30 seconds.

The JD quick connect bucket is so simple, to me it seems better than the skid steer setup and doesn't seem to take away from the lift capacity in any way. I got pallet forks with the new JD and have switched back and forth a couple of times already. The bad part is not being universal.

The physical size is much bigger, taller, bigger tires. It seems to ride better, but part of that could be a much better seat and its a true suspension seat. I'm going to have to be careful about putting the ROPS down.

A couple of bad things I don't like. To get off the tractor you have to put it in neutral if you want to leave it running, the Kubota I didn't. I got off of it and about had it roll away on me, it smashed a yard light in the process. I will have to get in the habit of setting the parking brake. The Kubota unless I was on a hill I just got off of it and it wouldn't move, even though I probably should have been setting the brake.

The side by side pedals? Probably a wash in my opinion compared to Kubota. Probably a little more comfortable to use but I still catch myself looking down to see which pedal to push. I was in the habit of lifting up on the forward pedal on my BX, which I still catch myself trying to do when I back up.

The dealer also gave me the wrong keys. That was a little bit of a fiasco since it was almost closing time when I called them about the key not working. They got me all fixed up with in a hour with the correct keys.

Attachments

• IMG_0357.JPG
    IMG_0357.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0353.JPG
    IMG_0353.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 136