1260 changed hydraulic wont start

/ 1260 changed hydraulic wont start #1  

robbor

Tractor
Massey 1260
Massey 1260
I just got finished changing the hydraulic fluid and filter on the rear end. Cranked it up and it started then died and won't restart, like low oil pressure .

No lights are on. That is if they work. Is there a special way to prime after a hydraulic change?
There is a fill port that looks like hyd port by battery. Not familiar with it. Looks like it goes to one side of what I thought was the injection pump. Hopefully I didn't goof anything up?
I tried pulling the diesel line off the port to make sure there was no water and it was getting diesel.

Attachments

• 20240427_151314.jpg
    20240427_151314.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 23
  • 20240427_151752.jpg
    20240427_151752.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 29
   / 1260 changed hydraulic wont start #2  
Do you have an owner's manual? Get one. It is not a real good idea to go pouring fluids into orifices that you do not know for sure what they are ...
Both photos you post look to me like FRONT not REAR end of your tractor. I never heard of "priming" after or because of an hydraulic fluid change.

What do you mean "Like low oil pressure?" Huh ? That sentence makes no sense.

There is nothing about changing hydraulic fluid and filters that causes an engine to "start, then quit, then refuse to restart." Unless you accidentally yanked loose a fuel line or an electrical connection or ??? while you were changing the fluid.

No one can sort out your issues from the info you have provided. I recommend you take the time to browse through an owner's manual on that tractor first, see if any lightbulbs light above your head (not on the dash,) and then come back with fresh questions if you have them.

Good luck.

/ 1260 changed hydraulic wont start
No I don't have a manual.
I was just thinking of like an oil pressure switch cutting off the ignition.

/ 1260 changed hydraulic wont start #4  
JWR nailed it pretty well. In one photo you are pointing to the hydraulic pump. On some tractors the hydraulic pump needs primed after a fluid change but that does not prevent the tractor from starting, it only prevents the hydraulics from working. Engine oil pressure is not connected to the hydraulic system and low oil pressure will not prevent the tractor from starting or running. Do as JWR suggested before causing irreversible damage.