Kubota BX25 Reviews

5.00 star(s)
richamor

BX25 Kubota
The little tractor that can!
Model Year: 2011

Let me start off by saying I'm generally tough on my equipment. I don't abuse it, but I use it 100% of it's capabilities. And I take very good care of it in return. Saying that, I'm impressed with this little Kubota so far. I've dug out a 30" diameter sweetgum stump with it, planted 12 orchard trees and and hauled water to them. I'm currently digging propagated tree stumps with rootballs 3' across, one of which had a 4" taproot. I've gotten it stuck once, but the backhoe saved the day. This weekend calls for more BH work to clear out some old foundation piers. And digging more stumps. I will admit that the BH can be a bit slow when digging big stumps out, and that it may seem down on power at times. But then again, I could say that about any piece of equipment at some time or another. To get more power I would need to go to a bigger tractor, which would be harder for me to use in the woods. Operated within it's limits, I think this little tractor is AWESOME!!

Pros: Just the right size for working on the woods. Compared to other TLB's this is a steal.
Cons: Could use more hydraulic power. And the 3pt hitch should be standard.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

BX25 Kubota
No problems other than those caused by my carelessness
Model Year: 2010

I have a BX25 which I bought new in 2010. At this point I’ve used it 326 hours and have had hardly any problems. Those that I have had are due to my own carelessness. Such as I broke a hydraulic elbow coupling on the lower backhoe arm when I extended the arm and the coupling bound against the mount of a manual thumb I’d installed---I hadn’t mounted the thumb hardware low enough on the backhoe arm. The other problem was where I cut a hydraulic line running to the right stabilizer. This was also due to my fault---I’d been operating in very muddy conditions and the lower portion of the backhoe was actually buried in the ground (mud)…when I turned the backhoe to empty the bucket alongside my excavation, apparently a rock or limb chaffed the lower hose. Other than those problems---brought about through my own fault---I’ve had no problems, other than a couple blown out bulbs.

Pros: Great digger and lifter for size.
Cons: Loader bucket would be more versatile were it able to curly back at a lower angle than it does.

4.00 star(s)
xitian

BX25 Kubota
Kubota BX25

After renting a Terramite TC5 way to many times and borrowing a friend’s tractor I decided to buy my own tractor with a backhoe. I needed to tame my gravel driveway, storm water run-off problems, mow and maintain my yard and plant many trees. I also wanted a machine that would last for many years. I reviewed other makes in the same size range of the BX25 including Mahindra, Cub, John Deere and Massey Ferguson. One of the things that won me over with Kubota was ease of taking off / on implements. I also have friends that have been using their Kubota reliably for many years. The dealer was very nice and easy to work with. My machine was delivered for free with the factory backhoe, front end loader and a 54” mid mount mower. I found the tractor to be far superior then the Terramite I had been renting. So far I’ve only have 7 hours on my tractor but was able to quickly mow my yard, drop the mower deck, resurface my gravel driveway and plant 4 monster trees. The 4 wheel drive is great! I am looking forward to many years of use from this machine.

Pros: Power, implement removal, 4-wheel drive, float on FEL, looks, & 0% financing.
Cons: A bit more expensive, seat can be difficult to swivel until you are use to it.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
FlatLandr

BX25 Kubota
BX25 is a Beast!

Need a compact tractor for building and maintenance of a forested backyard "pump track" (contoured banked MTB/BMX track). Lots of rain made for heavy lifting. Immediately added Bxpanded bucket extender, and commonly tossed around greater than spec capacity wet-top soil w/o hiccup. Now I'm admiring the fan and underbelly in preparation for clearing brush and undergrowth. This thing's flat-out a BEAST. I now consider a tractor mandatory equipment for the homeowner with lofty landscaping/maintenance goals. As mentioned in discussion, I'm limited only by tractor weight/traction, rarely by power-and usually I'm only a few hundred revs away from my goal. The machine could be more stable--mild hills on my property + FEL load = occasional tip-scare. I'll be adding wheel spacers and hope that helps.

Pros: Power, compact versatility.
Cons: Stability.

5.00 star(s)
jyeames

BX25 Kubota
BX25 Great Tractor with a Few Minor Issues

Sold my B3030 with a loader and Woods backhoe at 145 hours and opted for the smaller BX25. It's a great little tractor, able to go almost anywhere! The motor is typical Kubota with easy starting and plenty of power. HST transmission works well as does the power steering. The valving on the loader and backhoe (and the long handle lengths) allow much better feathering control than on my previous tractors.

Pros: Very agile, comfortable seat. Excellent power on the backhoe.
Cons: Lower capacity on the loader than I expected. The "Lift and Spin" seat for operating the backhoe is a poor design. It requires you to hold the seat elevated while you spin it 180 degrees and then forcefully latch it into place when you lower it. The linkage is undersized and bends easily and the seat will descend toward the front of the tractor rather than the rear if you let it. This needs to be completely redone! Kubota eliminated the long standing drain hole in the seat so unexpected rain and snow puddles on the seat. Tail light/Flasher wires are too long and too close to the rear tires when using chains. Remote hydraulics, either front or rear are not available so I ended up having to make my own for a power angle plow and a hydraulic top link. I've also had the front tires leak down periodically from the bead seal.

5.00 star(s)
Danieldeborah

BX25 Kubota
Kubota BX25

I bought this Kubota new for around $19000.00 in 2010 with loader and backhoe. I just purchace a box grader for it at Tractor Supply Co. Projects I used it for so far - Two storm drain lines. Dug out a giant stump. Spread 20 ton of gravel on drive way. Tarised off my lower lot for bonfire area. Graded lower lot. Move plastering materials. Moved 4 cords of fire wood. Moved piles of snow. Moved and load construction debri. Its perfect for me around the house. For a lot of big projects you will probably want a bigger machine.

Pros: Great little tractor. A lot of power for its size. Small enough not to trash out the whole yard.
Cons: Head lights are in a bad place you can't see when the bucket is down,but that not a big deal - just add a light to ropes.

5.00 star(s)
stevepcs

BX25 Kubota
Kubota BX 25

After running Case 580 for 18 years I decided that I needed a similar capability at home. Now no matter how many inches of snow we get I clean it up and get to work on time. Now if I want to alter or clean up my landscaping I can get about 8 hours (or more) of manual labor done with 1 hour of diesel labor. This was a investment with no regrets.

Pros: Gets between tight places and has all the power I expect from a sub compact.
Cons: Not any for my purposes at home.

5.00 star(s)
old fool

BX25 Kubota
Two Month Evaluation of BX25

This machine does not seem to be designed by anyone with a lick-of-sense. A. The front loader control handle is too long. If I were some little pip-squeak who needed a ladder to mount the beast it would be different but I'm a pretty big guy. Notice I said big, not fat. Every time I dismount from the right side, I hit the handle and wherever I had the bucket for whatever reason, it gets moved and I have to re-position it. Okay, I can dismount to the left but if I'm up against a fence or wall I don't have that option. Whack - it becomes about 6" shorter. B. The three-point control lever is too far away. Like I said, I'm a pretty big guy. I even play trombone so my right arm can reach clean around big mama and still tickle a rib but when I'm turned so I steer with my right hand and watch the rear attachment over my left shoulder, I can't adjust crap. Also, for me, the action of the lever is counter intuitive. I want to pull back to go down and push forward to come up. - I'm designing a lever extension that also reverses the action. I'll be able to reach it from anywhere. C. And while weʼre on the 3 point hitch, why is there no way to return to a position? You get to the end of a row, lift the attachment to turn for the next row and ??? where did I have it set for the last row? Back to trial-and-error for every row. Now there is a real bright design idea. I only need position control, not draft control. - Iʼll rig up some sort of a gauge to tell what angle the top arms are and visually go back to a point or number. D. The reverse pedal is dumb, stupid, moronic etc. It's in the exact place necessary to tear cartilage in my knee when I'm turned to watch the rear and try to hit the pedal. I'm designing a see-saw like attachment to mount in front of the forward pedal with the reverse pedal under the break pedal. Push one forward and it pushes the other rearward. The break pedal is too high but I'll leave it alone, for now. - I'll probably whack the old reverse pedal. E. The three-point lowering damper knob is too close to the existing reverse pedal. I clip it when Iʼm fishing to find the reverse and then change the setting. - That'll be fixed when I move reverse. F. All the control levers, on both sides, are too far forward. The entire group on each fender needs to be moved back several inches. The two most used are the 3-point and the PTO engage. The others don't even need to be in that location. It's been over 100 here most days. I wear shorts to work. Every time I dismount, one pant leg or the other gets caught on one of the levers leaving me hanging. - I don't know what I'll do about that. Drive naked? G. The little yellow pull stopper on the hydraulic case is designed to let in as much dirt as possible each time you check the level. Nice, real nice! I'll probably make a compression fitted extension to lift the opening higher (makes it easier to fill also) with the threads on the top outside so no dirt gets near the opening. The one on the front axle I can't even get off without some tool to pry it open. This should have a screw cap as well so a wayward stick (with stronger fingers than mine) can't pop it off. H. While I've read that people have a tough time turning the seat around to work the backhoe, I actually have no problem with that. I do think the seat is not designed with the knowledge that most of the work with a tractor is done in the rear and, unless you have eyes in the back of your head, you must turn around to manage your work. This seat makes it difficult and uncomfortable to do that. Although the BX25 is quite capable, I don't think the designers of this tractor thought it would ever be used for real work. Either that, or their idea of real work is not the same as mine. For the price I paid, I should not have to “get used to” or “put up with” anything. They advertise this as a tractor, not an estate toy. It should be able to operate like a tractor within the limits of its size and horse power. Like I said, this is only the two month review. I'm sure I'll find more "interesting" features the longer I use it. Because I was only a working man before I retired, I'll never be able to afford an upgrade or trade for something different so I have what I have. I can, however, make all the “adjustments” that I want to this one.

Pros: Works hard.
Cons: Read report.

4.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

BX25 Kubota
Not Bad
Model Year: 2009

Reviewed, machine is great for cemeteries, trenching and have buried full grown cows on occasion.

Pros: Gets the job done, can access tight areas, backhoe digs as it should, but needs full throttle.
Cons: Exhaust should have came out and up, tires must be heavily slimed to hold air; under seat switches are annoying and must be bypassed.

5.00 star(s)
jpg136

BX25 Kubota
Amazing BX25

This small tractor has been able to perform all tasks that we have attempted. The tractor is used primarily for mowing which it does a great job doing, even better than my John Deere that was designed only for mowing. I have dug out 6 tree stumps and moved 20 loads of fill and the tractor has been exceptional.

Pros: Size, power, ability.
Cons: Mower deck is difficult to install and remove.