ZD331 air suspension seat

/ ZD331 air suspension seat #1  

m7040

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, MF 203 industrial, ZD331, RTV 1100 , Kubota Minix excavator, Unimog 404
I was going to use the winter down time to retrofit an air suspension seat to the 331. The stock suspension seat is not very good and it slows me down during mowing. I am working on getting a Grammer seat base functional and using it on the mower. Turns out a wire was pinched inside the seat and that prevented the compressor from turning on. More to come on this

/ ZD331 air suspension seat
IMG_0452.jpegHere is a pic of the suspension seat frame . The wire was pinched and the internal compressor did not come on. Connecting to the cut end of the wire makes the compressor operate just fine.

IMG_0453.jpegThe small compressor can be seen to the right in the picture

/ ZD331 air suspension seat #4  
Hmm....somehow I expected the underside of a Grammer seat to look different from that photo. But that's just one view. How does the overall build quality look to you?
rScotty

/ ZD331 air suspension seat #5  
What did this grammar seat originally fit ?

It was an option on my Kubota M7040

Hmm....somehow I expected the underside of a Grammer seat to look different from that photo. But that's just one view. How does the overall build quality look to you?
rScotty

This is how it looks under the bellowing rubber cover. It is shown in the profile picture mounted in the cab of the M7040

The seat does not fit the bolt
hole pattern.
So next step is the make a couple of brackets

Attachments

• IMG_0465.jpeg
    IMG_0465.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 122
Was able to get the seat mounted to the Grammer air suspension base and mounted to the mower. The seat was tricky to fit but eventually I figured it out. The seat sits higher than before but the level can be adjusted with the air pressure to a comfortable level and good range of suspension

Attachments

• IMG_0475.jpeg
    IMG_0475.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 125
   / ZD331 air suspension seat #10  
Thanks for posting your seat upgrade. I have a Great Dane ZTR that rides pretty rough. I have to go slower than I’d like due to the beating I take. Did you have the air ride seat on hand, or purchase it for this upgrade?

Mike