yt235 or sa424 yanmar buying decision, cab or no cab?

/ yt235 or sa424 yanmar buying decision, cab or no cab? #1  

jay21hat

Tractor
ford 5610, workmaster 601
I have looked at all the manufacturers and spent hours researching. I truly feel I would be getting a decent tractor between Kubota, yanmar and john deere. my decision ultimately would come down to who would give me the best deal for the options. I was really looking hard at the yanmar 424, I started thinking of the uses and think I would be using it all year round. I thought a cab would be nice. then I started thinking cab ac/heat would be nice. The problem is I cant find much information on the yt235 as far as reviews and customer testimonials. not to mention the price went from 18k to low 30's with loader and belly mower. I didn't really want to spend that much money, I have never bought new and have old equipment now. I guess I'm looking at opinions. anyone own a yt235? opinions on the cabs? my local dealer has a 424 with a Curtis cab, no heat or ac. anyone else having the same delimma? comparable models I have shopped is the john deere 2025r and 3033r, Kubota b2601, b2650 and l2501. any one regret getting cab vs no cab?

/ yt235 or sa424 yanmar buying decision, cab or no cab? #2  
Private message Holtza and Geosankie, they both have new YT235's. Rockyridgefarm has done a lot of research and test drives on the new Yanmar's.

Jaypeesi has a new SA424.

/ yt235 or sa424 yanmar buying decision, cab or no cab? #3  
The 424 is available with a heater kit but not a.c. so that could be some difference in price. Also there are some notable differences between the 424 and YT235 like a factory cab, loader with the quick park stand, skid steer coupler to say the least. The mower is a drive over fabricated deck on the YT235 vs the reinforced stamped deck that the 424 has. Also remember that the 424 is under 25 hp so it doesn't have a tier 4 engine with a common rail fuel pump and burn off system that the YT235 has. The motor is good in the YT, but unfortunately it is a lot more expensive to build. The feedback I have on the cabs would be that the YT235 is way better overall. Nicer fit and finish, quieter, and more features since it is factory.

/ yt235 or sa424 yanmar buying decision, cab or no cab?
Thanks. I will reach out to them

This is a tough decision. For years I have purchased old equipment and constantly work on them. I'm pretty cheap so the 30 plus price tag is shocking. However from a Payment standpoint I think it's $100 more a month. Probably worth it even though a cab might be more creature comfort than I really need. When looking for used the resale is strong which is encouraging. This will be my first new purchase. The tractor will be worth 3 times more than the car I drive to put things in perspective. The salesmen states the tractor will last me for life. Considering I currently own a 1940's 9n he is probably right.

The emissions suck on the new one. I wonder if anyone will make bypass kits like they do for truck diesels. The dealer told me the particulate filter is 2k if needs replaced. The John Deere equivalent 3033r is too expensive and my kubota dealer doesn't have anything in stock for me to look at. So. That should make buying a yanmar easier. After looking at the yt series it's hard to go back to the 424. Just trying to justify the cab. Thanks for the input.

/ yt235 or sa424 yanmar buying decision, cab or no cab? #6  
The John Deere has a Yanmar engine in it, so if you're going to buy a Yanmar might as well buy a Yanmar.

Those YT235's are nice. I'm still using a '52 8N but am longing for a new YT235.

Let us know what you end up with!

/ yt235 or sa424 yanmar buying decision, cab or no cab? #7  
As far as justification for the cab goes, it seems like the older we get the more we need climate control. I'm pretty cheap, mid forties, still got some youth in me, so I'm going to stick with an open station tractor. I'm in Virginia so our climate isn't overly hot or cold.

/ yt235 or sa424 yanmar buying decision, cab or no cab? #8  
if you have a cab, and just have "heat". then make sure you can take all the doors off, including the windows, for summer. taking them off also means, they are not "rattling" and possibly getting snagged on something, or possibly bending framework. due to not properly closed, as you take all the bumps through the tractor. (no suspension)

if windows and doors, require you to "strap" them up somehow. and can not be removed easily. with a simple couple pins. i would skip the cab and just get a sun shade, or see about a removable soft cab for tractor.

winter dead nasty -0 F temps, and snow storm with drifts throughout driveway. you really do not need heat. but rather, just keeping the bloody wind off you, will make a huge difference. granted heat is always nice. but you will already most likely be multi layer clothing on. so you can shovel what you need to. and just getting your rear outside to get to tractor to start it up.

on other hand. dead summer, no wind, noon, temps over 100 F, plus humidity all the way up there. any breeze even just driving forward / backwards can be some relief. any windows / doors that can not be removed, = you taking shower in your own sweat. and possibly heat stroke, more so if you catch the wind just right and all the heat from engine comes back on you. ya a/c is nice if you have it. and then cab is awesome. but otherwise. sun shade, or soft cab that can be removed in summer. might be better option.

==========
with above ford 333c TLB (tractor loader backhoe) 80HP industrial tractor. windows and doors open up. and just heat for winter. i hate driving it in summer. even with a couple 12v little fans blowing on me. on other hand, love the cab come winter. love/hate relationship.

doors and windows are not removable. and couple times rear window has came unlatched and smacked me in the head.
fingers getting pinched, or a loud SLAM when door shuts from being held open with a strap and it coming loose. it is old and built tuff, but again love/hate relationship.

Well. After hours of research I think I have come to the decision to get the yt235 with cab. My justification is the longterm investment. I will always need a tractor. We have multiple properties to take care of. The tractor should last me decades so why not. I will try to post pics and videos because there is very little info on customer ownership of the yt235. Thanks for the input.

/ yt235 or sa424 yanmar buying decision, cab or no cab? #10  
Awesome man, great decision! You should definitely post a review on YouTube since there's so little info out there on the new YT's.