Ya'll made me do it!!

/ Ya'll made me do it!! #1  

Cdash

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4100
Ya\'ll made me do it!!

Seeing all the 3 point receiver hitches you made me do one!! Pretty easy project. Receiver cost me $10, steel was laying around, $6 for the cat 1 pins. About 2 hours labor. I can't see how anyone can charge $200 for these things. Its a simple build, and one of those, get it done pretty quick, look at it, and smile at a job well done!!

I used 3x3x1/8 square tubing (since I had it), 5/16" plate welded to the ends to hold the cat 1 pins. I welded the receiver tube to the horizontal tube, then cut out the vertical tube to fit over the receiver tube and welded it all around.

I need to try it out, then, based on the trial run, I may add a brace from the end of the receiver tube up to the vertical to brace it. Of course, I need to add hooks, but for some mysterious reason, the couple places I stopped to pick a couple up are all out of them at the moment.

Thanks for the ideas!! Now what else can I make??

Attachments

• 53-132029-Mvc-006f.jpg
    53-132029-Mvc-006f.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,714
   / Ya'll made me do it!!
Re: Ya\'ll made me do it!!

another pic

Attachments

• 53-132030-Mvc-007f.jpg
    53-132030-Mvc-007f.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,000
   / Ya'll made me do it!! #3  

Craig,
Nice looking job. All you TBNr's that can weld make me Jealous as all He** fire. I got to go learn how !!!!!!!

/ Ya'll made me do it!! #4  

It's funny.. our pictures are listed as 'attatchments'.. and they usually are! ( attachments for tractors.. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.

soundguy

/ Ya'll made me do it!! #5  

Great idea /w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif and looks better made than one could purchase.Do you plan on welding chain hooks or etc..

/ Ya'll made me do it!! #6  

I "learned" the other day. My friend lent me his welder, I and just started welding. I made some chain-on forks as a first project. I always thought the best way to learn was to do (maybe poorly at first) and improve/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Ya'll made me do it!! #7  

I agree that the best way to learn is to just jump in.
BUT on something that may be hazardous to human life please make sure you load test your forks before you possibly put your body under them (we all know that you should never stand under anything lift by equipment hydraulics but stuff happens).

Bill