XT3 GSX with 60" Fab Deck - Bagger Discharge Elbow?

/ XT3 GSX with 60" Fab Deck - Bagger Discharge Elbow? #1  

stembridge

Tractor
1950 Ford 8N, 2010 NH Boomer 8N
I bought a 2021 XT3 GSX last week, and ordered the triple bagger from CC. In a chat session with CC Customer Service, they said to use the discharge elbow kit for the 54" fab deck, as there is no kit listed for the 60" deck. I installed everything today, but it's obvious the 54" kit is not a "will fit" for the 60" deck. I was able to cobble it together with a bungie, but it doesn't seal well and blew a lot of dust while I was bagging.

I'll do another chat with them tomorrow, but thought I'd poke around in the forums to see if anyone else has figured this out (didn't find anything after looking through several forums).

Thanks,

es

/ XT3 GSX with 60" Fab Deck - Bagger Discharge Elbow? #2  
Yeah, they shouldn't sell a bagger that fits 3 different size decks in both stamped and fab'd pans. Stamped need an adapter, 731-10133. Will it fit your 60?

/ XT3 GSX with 60" Fab Deck - Bagger Discharge Elbow?
Nope, not by looking at it. The adapter they recommended was for the 54" fabbed deck, but it's taller and wider than my 60" deck, and the way the 54" adapter mounts won't work on the 60". There's another adapter for the 60" deck used on the zero-turns that *might* work, but probably not without more modifications.

I love the tractor, but the accessories so far have been a disappointment. I had to grind material away to get the sleeve hitch mount for the bags to even work.

es

Just a followup that I ended up heavily cutting and modifying the 54" chute (including drilling holes in the deck to bolt it up) to get it to work. Mowed with it a couple times, mainly picking up leaves, and found that the three bags fill up very quickly since the deck does not shred the leaves very well. Once the bags are full, the chute/tube plugs up, which required removal to clear every time I emptied the bags.

Happened to be in town later that week and saw our True Value store (which carries a limited CC line) had a couple DR Lawn & Leaf vacuums for sale, and went back the next day and bought one. It's a revelation! It won't ever really pay for itself, other than it makes the job so much easier and shreds the leaves nicely to boot (for compost on the garden).

IMG_0560.JPG

Bottom line: there is no proper discharge chute that I could find for the 60" fab deck, so be prepared to modify one if you go that route.

es

/ XT3 GSX with 60" Fab Deck - Bagger Discharge Elbow? #5  
They do work well. So DR also doesn't offer the proper boot adapter for your deck? If you haven't contacted them, you should.

They do work well. So DR also doesn't offer the proper boot adapter for your deck? If you haven't contacted them, you should.
They offer a generic boot that has to be cut-to-fit. Since I had already done that with the CC boot, there was no point in buying another one...

es