Would a loader for a gc1725/1723 fit on a gc1705?

/ Would a loader for a gc1725/1723 fit on a gc1705? #1  

Boganism

Tractor
None
Hi all, so after some massive luck, I've found our old Massey up for sale on Facebook marketplace, pretty much in the same condition we left it in,only with 100 more hours, the owners are asking 12.5K or 8600usd. This is more than we sold it for but it's still cheaper than most stuff now.

What I am wondering however is would a brand new loader off of a 1725 or 1723 fit the 1705? Even with minor modifications, just since I'd very much prefer a loader on it, but can't justify buying a brand new machine to fit with one

/ Would a loader for a gc1725/1723 fit on a gc1705? #2  
Wasn't the model number different to define whether or not the unit had a backhoe ? Eg: 1705= no BH, 1725= BH..... same tractor, just BH or not?

If that is the case, then yes it will fit.

/ Would a loader for a gc1725/1723 fit on a gc1705? #3  
Wasn't the model number different to define whether or not the unit had a backhoe ? Eg: 1705= no BH, 1725= BH..... same tractor, just BH or not?

If that is the case, then yes it will fit.
The newer model number are
1723E/1725M = no BH
1723EB/1725MB = BH

The 1705 had the DL95 FEL, The newer models would have the FL1805 FEL.

I have no idea if the newer FEL will work on the older models. I do know that from pictures I have seen that there appears to be differences in the FEL frame/mounts for the different model FELs, but I don't know this for sure.

I've also seen it discussed that in most cases it would cost as much or more to buy a used tractor without an FEL and have a dealer install an FEL than it would cost to buy one that comes with the FEL already on it. I do not know the accuracy of this.

Last edited:
   / Would a loader for a gc1725/1723 fit on a gc1705?
The newer model number are
1723E/1725M = no BH
1723EB/1725MB = BH

The 1705 had the DL95 FEL, The newer models would have the FL1805 FEL.

I have no idea if the newer FEL will work on the older models. I do know that from pictures I have seen that there appears to be differences in the FEL frame/mounts for the different model FELs, but I don't know this for sure.

I've also seen it discussed that in most cases it would cost as much or more to buy a used tractor without an FEL and have a dealer install an FEL than it would cost to buy one that comes with the FEL already on it. I do not know the accuracy of this.
I just checked tractor data and they seem to say that they're cross compatible, so I'll ring the dealership tomorrow and ask them

As for the cost, a gc+loader and mmm is 29000, but this would be 18000 for the same setup,so nearly half price overall

/ Would a loader for a gc1725/1723 fit on a gc1705? #5  
As for the cost, a gc+loader and mmm is 29000, but this would be 18000 for the same setup,so nearly half price overall
Does the tractor already have all of the hydraulics set up for the loader? Valves and whatnot. I think the discussion I remember about this was the it would require more than just adding the loader. There was also the loader frame and they had to add the needed hydraulic valves and stuff because the tractor did not have those either. On the other hand this could have also been about an older model than the 1705, my recollection of that discussion is not precise.

Does the tractor already have all of the hydraulics set up for the loader? Valves and whatnot. I think the discussion I remember about this was the it would require more than just adding the loader. There was also the loader frame and they had to add the needed hydraulic valves and stuff because the tractor did not have those either. On the other hand this could have also been about an older model than the 1705, my recollection of that discussion is not precise.

I'd presume so, this is a similar one to what I'm looking at, just minus the MMM, and it has the loader joystick aswell as the connection points. I'm hoping it's somewhat simple, as from what I gathered to add it to a new machine was around 7000aud. I remember our old Massey had the same setup too, so I'd assume the frame would just need to be bolted on?
1673269630113.png

/ Would a loader for a gc1725/1723 fit on a gc1705? #9  
Wow, props to agco for having the tractor be that simple, most others I've seen have to have heaps of work done,and apperantly all the way from the gc2400 to now, all models are compatible with parts
This is one of the things that drew me to my decision to purchase the GC, they were on the market for 17 years when I got mine and 90% of the major parts are the same. There are some differences, but the important stuff has not changed. I was looking for longevity, I plan to have mine the rest of my life.

This is one of the things that drew me to my decision to purchase the GC, they were on the market for 17 years when I got mine and 90% of the major parts are the same. There are some differences, but the important stuff has not changed. I was looking for longevity, I plan to have mine the rest of my life.
I Used to own a gc2400, and remember just howwell it worked. 0 issues, so now that I'm shopping for one again I'm definitely going for a gc. The idea that any GC I purchase will be able to fit any generations attachments takes a lot of stress off. Especially living in aus where it's new, Chinese or doesn't exist