Workmaster or Boomer in 40-45 hp

/ Workmaster or Boomer in 40-45 hp #1  

Mudlick

Tractor
Ford 1310
Looking at either work master or boomer 40-45 hp with hydro. Mainly will do basic loader/grapple work, a little mowing, and some tilling. 10 acres of land but not all serviceable at the moment. NH and kioti dealer (same dealer) 10 minutes away. Thoughts on these two models, new Holland reliability, resale value, and so forth?

/ Workmaster or Boomer in 40-45 hp #2  
I have a 2017 WM 40. I’ve not had a single issue with it and have about 140 hours so far. Doing dirt work, gravel drive and brush hogging with a 6 ft heavy duty mower.

/ Workmaster or Boomer in 40-45 hp
I have a 2017 WM 40. I’ve not had a single issue with it and have about 140 hours so far. Doing dirt work, gravel drive and brush hogging with a 6 ft heavy duty mower.
Thank you

/ Workmaster or Boomer in 40-45 hp #4  
Recently bought a Boomer 40 Hydro. Wanted a Workmaster 40 but the boomer was all I could find after 7 months of haunting NH, JD, MF, LS, and CIH dealers. Main difference I can see was the boomer came with 2 sets of remotes and a rubber floormat. The loader may be different between the 2 models, and is definitely slower than the 3930 which had a lot of hydraulic flow. Price was a few bucks higher than a workmaster but there were no workmasters. I doubt there is much difference between the 2.

/ Workmaster or Boomer in 40-45 hp #5  
I have a 2017 Workmaster 40 with 135 hours on it.No problems so far.

/ Workmaster or Boomer in 40-45 hp #6  
Looking at either work master or boomer 40-45 hp with hydro. Mainly will do basic loader/grapple work, a little mowing, and some tilling. 10 acres of land but not all serviceable at the moment. NH and kioti dealer (same dealer) 10 minutes away. Thoughts on these two models, new Holland reliability, resale value, and so forth?
There is a jump in frame size between the 40 and 45 HP models, the Boomer and Workmaster 35 and 40 are medium frame compacts and the Boomer 45/50/55 is a larger frame compact and only available in the Boomer line unless something changed very recently. The Workmaster 50 and 55 are full sized utility tractors, the 50/60/70 being a different tractor from the 55/65/75. Their lineup is a little confusing at first but if you can see the unit in person, it will be obvious what machine you want. Unfortunately all of the New Holland dealers around me are pretty much out of tractors, although the much larger CaseIH chain sells the exact same tractors painted red. Their Farmall lines are exactly as confusing at first as the Workmaster/Boomer lines.

My family has an about 10 year old Boomer 50 and it has been a good tractor.

/ Workmaster or Boomer in 40-45 hp #7  
I have a 2021 Workmaster 40. It's a nice tractor but it takes some getting used to, but I suppose they all do. Compared to the TC26 DA it replaced, it's obviously more powerful and has 3 ranges,something I longed for with the 26 hp machine. The LS Workmaster has some features that are better than the TC 26DA. The smaller machine had a tiny fuel filter that was hard to keep from clogging in the winter, even with additive. The one on this machine is much bigger and has a drain to get the water out rather than a bowl you have to remove.
I think you would find the controls on the Boomer a bit more ergonomic. The TC 26DA had the levers on the fenders. They were visible and easy to get out. On the Workmaster 40 the controls for the 4 wheel drive and the front/rear PTOs are sort of under the seat. The 4 wheel drive lever is not visible, and I have to reach down to check if I left it in or out of 4 wheel drive.
The Boomer, I believe, like my TC26DA has a loader that curls and raises/lowers simultaneously. The Workmaster only does one or the other at a time. No biggie, but it's nicer to have the dual action. The Workmaster is a much less quiet machine than the TC26 was, some rattles, which I thought were coming from the 3 pt. linkage, but actually came from the ROPs. Some plastic wedges quieted them down. The little boomer had a tiny toolbox, and the Workmaster has none.. Workmaster has a metal floor, Boomers have rubber mat. I got a horse mat from TSC and cut it to fit my Workmaster. It cuts down on the noise a little.
Used boomers, like my TC26DA have one very annoying feature: the brake is on the right side of the tractor and unless you have two right feet, you can't use the brake to steer and the pedal to move at the same time, defeating the purpose of having a left/right brake pedal. It's a small, but ridiculous thing. The Workmaster, and I think, the newer Boomers have the brake on the left, and no longer a pedal clutch.
The dealer here basically doesn't sell Boomers except cab models, saying the demand for them at higher prices than somewhat (not totally) comparable Boomers isn't there.
Be aware that with the Workmaster 40 there is an apparent error in the Tractordata site as to the loader capacity. My owner's manual says 880 pounds and they say about 1100 to full height. The Boomers have significantly stronger loaders, are somewhat larger and heavier too. The Boomer is supposed to be a more refined and heavier duty machine.
I think the next step up from a Workmaster 40 is a 50, and it's a much larger, heavier, more expensive machine.