WOODS rear Finish Mower

/ WOODS rear Finish Mower #1  

llewellynsd

Tractor
Sath S-370
Guys

I'm in need of replacing the rear (solid) rubber tires on my WOODS RM42. One person has recommended using a different type tire that would have to be modified. It is a good idea but if I can replace with original parts I would like to. The main problem I've run into is the dealer qouted me a price of over $100 per little tire. Anyone know where these parts may be at a reasonable rate. I'm not sure if this dealer was trying to gulge me on the price or what? Is all WOODS parts this expensive?

Thanks Shawn

/ WOODS rear Finish Mower #2  
Maybe a call or email to Woods you could get the wheels cheaper???

One thing to consider about re-vamping..the new part{wheel} maybe here today and gone tomorrow do to lack of sales...plus extra work.

/ WOODS rear Finish Mower #3  
how far are you away from lancaster county in pa. this is the outfit i use whenever i have to replace a small tractor wheel or tire.

i am giving you the bucks county pa address and tel #. call them they have a store in lebanon, pa i think but they will tell you exactly where there other location is.

as far as any small wheel replacement goes they have the best prices (it may not have the woods wheel color, sorry). so you either give them all the information over the phone or you take the wheel, etc to them.

they also are the rep for several small engines, such as kohler, etc. the mower dealers in the bucks-mont. and philadelphia county pick up their eng. spare parts at that place if they are out of stock.

they are very helpful, they also deal in pumps, for the most part their price is right. two years ago i had your problem with my three point hitch 6 foot woods finish mower and they had the tire in stock.

good luck

here is the address near me:

Paul B. Moyer and Sons, Inc.
190 S. Clinton Street
Doylestown, Pa 18901
215-348-1270

/ WOODS rear Finish Mower #4  
llewellynsd
Hey call my Woods dealer 1-888-792-8012, ask for John Wobema, tell him Nick told you about him on the internet.
Nick

/ WOODS rear Finish Mower #5  
I can't imagine they're that special. All you need to do is find a tire with the same dimensions, correct? As long as the wheel was the same anyway. If the profile was slightly different you could just replace all four. Northern Hydraulics has a very wide selection of that sort of thing at reasonable prices. Try their website <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.northerntools.com>here.</A>