wood splitter motor swap

/ wood splitter motor swap #11  
HF has a vertical shaft Predator engine that is a simple drop in replacement for an old Huskee.
I did mine and was simple and quick swap.

/ wood splitter motor swap
Got the engine swapped on the log splitter. Replaced the B&S with a 8hp Predator. Pretty easy, needed a mounting bracket for the pump(RuggedMade), a plate to mount the new motor(scrap ) and a longer hose. I think I like the pump higher off the ground, much easier to get to and less likely to catch a stump, even though it is more exposed. Motor seems to catch the first pull, even at 30, plenty of power. My thought is with the 8hp, if the pump goes(it is 15 years old) then a 16gpm pump may be an upgrade.
Of course, fix one thing more shows up. Flat tire, when I jacked it up found the bearings were bad, so new bearings and tubes in both tires. Hopefully good for another 15 years, then it may be someone else's problems.

Attachments

• bu8LKrBkQ1OAKXsYbtk7Sw.jpg
    bu8LKrBkQ1OAKXsYbtk7Sw.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 77
  • y7jjJklwR2GRl02l9dNZtA.jpg
    y7jjJklwR2GRl02l9dNZtA.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 75
  • gsHgJ79aTeOi7mEJIHa2Cg.jpg
    gsHgJ79aTeOi7mEJIHa2Cg.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 73
  • NOfG9NWxQ2+QftqwWGoO+w.jpg
    NOfG9NWxQ2+QftqwWGoO+w.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 72
   / wood splitter motor swap #15  
thought you all would br interested in results
predator did really well

/ wood splitter motor swap
I have run the splitter now for a couple of hours. I like it!! Motor starts easily even in 20 degreeF, runs smooth, doesn't change sound while splitting, even through knots. Seems to be easy on fuel, though I don't have a way to measure that, it is still on the first tank.