Wholesale price of my JD2025R

/ Wholesale price of my JD2025R #1  

RalphVa

Tractor
JD 2025R, previously Gravely 5650 & JD 4010 & JD 1025R
I've determined that the retail price of my JD2025R with 429 hours is about $17,000. What is the trade-in or wholesale price I'm likely to get from a dealer?

Attached are some pics. It's a gen. 1 2025R with the steering brakes, which are not available on new lower hp JDs.

Have had too many service calls on this one and the lemony 1025R before it. Never had any on the 4010 for 9 years and 660 hours until the driveshaft Ujoint blew apart.

Want to trade this one before the Ujoint blows on it.

Selling without the QH and back blade, just the tractor and H130 loader, which is bulletproof: not like the dump-prone H120 loader.

Ralph

Attachments

• Overall.jpg
    Overall.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 182
  • Dual brakes.jpg
    Dual brakes.jpg
    459.2 KB · Views: 182
  • Hours.jpg
    Hours.jpg
    424 KB · Views: 173
  • ID #.jpg
    ID #.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 180
   / Wholesale price of my JD2025R
Well, my local JD sales person says he'll buy tractor back from me, including 5.3% sale tax I'd have to pay if sold to him. So, he'll be a good check on trade-in offered by the Kubota dealer.

/ Wholesale price of my JD2025R #3  
Well, my local JD sales person says he'll buy tractor back from me, including 5.3% sale tax I'd have to pay if sold to him.

Did he give you a $$$ number, or just an offer to buy?
Heck, I could offer you $2,000,,, the dealers number may be less,,
Just wondering,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

/ Wholesale price of my JD2025R #4  
I've determined that the retail price of my JD2025R with 429 hours is about $17,000. What is the trade-in or wholesale price I'm likely to get from a dealer?

Attached are some pics. It's a gen. 1 2025R with the steering brakes, which are not available on new lower hp JDs.

Have had too many service calls on this one and the lemony 1025R before it. Never had any on the 4010 for 9 years and 660 hours until the driveshaft Ujoint blew apart.

Want to trade this one before the Ujoint blows on it.

Selling without the QH and back blade, just the tractor and H130 loader, which is bulletproof: not like the dump-prone H120 loader.

Ralph
Not a very good sales pitch! LOL
Repeat after me......"this was the best tractor ever! Selling because I need a bigger one." LOL

I'm not selling it. Too complicated. Will likely just let the dealer take it as trade-in unless value seems unusually low. Really don't need the money.

$13k. Guy I'm buying the other tractor from says he normally just turns over to a wholesaler. Doesn't make much money on trade-ins because of cost of money with it sitting there, $120/hr if they have to do anything with it, etc.

/ Wholesale price of my JD2025R #7  
I think that’s a fair price, these days they will probably get at least 15k for it. I know when I traded my Kubota in for my current JD it got sent somewhere, it was never for sale on their lot.

$120 per hour, that’s a laugh. That’s their shop rate they charge people, not their cost, which if you added everything up is more likely half of that.

/ Wholesale price of my JD2025R #8  
$120 per hour, that’s a laugh. That’s their shop rate they charge people, not their cost, which if you added everything up is more likely half of that.

They would "schedule" the repair as fill-in work for the shop,,
The actual cost would be ZERO, as the alternative would be to send the mechanic home.

He is there, anyways, doing nothing,, if not sent home, so the actual cost is ZERO plus wholesale parts.