Where to buy dryer thermal fuse

/ Where to buy dryer thermal fuse #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Dryer quit working. Sure enough it's the thermal fuse.

I can order one online...but this being Friday I'd me looking at middle of next week.

Anyone know if box store places like Menards, Lowe's, etc carry these? Or the chain hardware's like ace or true value? I seem to be striking out looking for them on their respective websites. But I usuly have a hard time finding appliance parts on their websites...but can find them in the stores on several occasions.

/ Where to buy dryer thermal fuse #3  
Check you local furniture (home) stores that sell appliances. Some of those carry appliance parts.

/ Where to buy dryer thermal fuse #4  
My experience is that those parts are pretty much just stocked by appliance part stores, not the Home Depot type stores.

if you don't have one close by, probably just as quick in the end to order online and be done with it.

/ Where to buy dryer thermal fuse #5  
I go through those like popcorn. Any appliance shop will have them, or you can usually get one on your doorstep tomorrow morning via Amazon for a few extra bucks shipping. Never seen them any place else. I’d rather pay $5 extra for overnight shipping vs spending hours of my time driving all over town anyway.

/ Where to buy dryer thermal fuse #6  
Ive never seen $5 overnight shipping on anything…..usually its like $50 more. But maybe cause i live so far out of town.

but yes, only appliance parts houses have those.

/ Where to buy dryer thermal fuse
Well I got one. Local guy that is a mobile appliance and HVAC guy had one on the truck. I met up with him this morning, gave him 5 bucks....now dryer is working again.

/ Where to buy dryer thermal fuse #8  
I can order one online...but this being Friday I'd me looking at middle of next week.

Anyone know if box store places like Menards, Lowe's, etc carry these? Or the chain hardware's like ace or true value? I seem to be striking out looking for them on their respective websites. But I usuly have a hard time finding appliance parts on their websites...but can find them in the stores on several occasions.
Dayco Appliance Parts. Locations in Dayton and Columbus.

/ Where to buy dryer thermal fuse #9  
Any idea why some of you guys are blowing these fuses ? We,ve had various dryers over the last 50 years, and have never blown one. Where are they located on the dryers ?

/ Where to buy dryer thermal fuse #10  
Any idea why some of you guys are blowing these fuses ? We,ve had various dryers over the last 50 years, and have never blown one. Where are they located on the dryers ?

Kids overloading the dryer with too many wet clothes, restricted/dirty dryer duct, people piling junk on top of the dryer, stuff like that. Anything that makes it run hot.