Where Do You Get Your Points and Condensers From?

/ Where Do You Get Your Points and Condensers From? #11  
Pertronix always would be my first choice. Never once in 30 years had any issues. Starts better, runs better and never any timing loss.Amazingly on some the plugs were cleaner as well.

/ Where Do You Get Your Points and Condensers From? #12  
I suspect that new ignition points last longer than points that have been filed . Any opinions ?

/ Where Do You Get Your Points and Condensers From? #13  
I'd replace with an electronic system. Have done this on one or two vehicles we had in the past. The Alfa Duetto's points would not last more than about 1,000 miles before getting pits and causing high rpm missing. Put a Hall system in. Easy peasy.

/ Where Do You Get Your Points and Condensers From? #14  
I suspect that new ignition points last longer than points that have been filed . Any opinions ?
Hi,
I agree, based on experience from one car where filed points were good for about half the new ones.
Where to buy? The same place you buy fruit and lottery tickets because they're all a gamble.

/ Where Do You Get Your Points and Condensers From? #15  
When I put the Hall system on the Alfa, it would idle smoothly at about 600 rpm every time. And, after a couple thousand miles, it would start missing at upper rpms.

Points and condenser are REALLY OLD technology.
All our old cars,tractors still have points & condenser. I would never switch to electronic.