Wheel spacers to fit Mitsu D1600?

/ Wheel spacers to fit Mitsu D1600? #1  

Steve G

Tractor
Mitsubishi D-1600, Cub Cadet 2185
Anybody know of any wheel spacers out there that would fit the rear wheels on a Mitsubishi D1600?

Looking at getting two new tires, so seems like a good time to see if I can increase the wheel base. (Already turned the wheels inside out years ago.)

Also considering whether I might be able to get a good welder to break the hub-to-rim weld, and reweld the hub closer to the edge of the rims to get a wider base. Anyone here ever done that?

Thanks in advance for any input,
Steve

/ Wheel spacers to fit Mitsu D1600? #2  
Anybody know of any wheel spacers out there that would fit the rear wheels on a Mitsubishi D1600?

Looking at getting two new tires, so seems like a good time to see if I can increase the wheel base. (Already turned the wheels inside out years ago.)

Also considering whether I might be able to get a good welder to break the hub-to-rim weld, and reweld the hub closer to the edge of the rims to get a wider base. Anyone here ever done that?

Thanks in advance for any input,
Steve
There are about 3 main wheel spacer companies for off-road and Ag. Since covid 2020, they are 24 months behind in orders. I know of several people who made their own. In doing so, the material to use is Aluminum 6160-T5 or 6160-T6. T5 is typically cheaper, and because the hardness is close to T6, many of the extruders will just temper to a T6 and call it a day.

A few towns from my location is AAE. They produce much of the extruded and hardened stock for these wheel spacers. They are working 3 full shifts and still can't keep up to the demands.

So if you have a typical standup drill press with a coolant feed, making these are simple.

For compact tractors, 2-inch thickness is normal for adding turf tires, 3-inch for row cropping and 4-inch maximum without compromising the rear axle and brake ability.

yanmar1.jpg

yanmar3.jpg

yanmar2.jpg

yanmar5.jpg

/ Wheel spacers to fit Mitsu D1600?