Wheel removal on T-1870 Kubota

/ Wheel removal on T-1870 Kubota #1  

nytryder

Tractor
Kubota L3901
I tried yesterday to pull the front wheel off my Garden tractor. All seems well lubricated with no obvious sign of any rust. I beat on the backside of the wheel and also cussed at it for about an hour. Used penetrating oil ect. So far no sign of any movement at all. I'm sure I can operate the little tractor for quite awhile without the cotter pin and washer. I'm at a l
oss so before I do something stupid, does anyone here have an idea. Oh yeah the machine is 15 yrs old and this wheel has never been off. I need a new tire. Thank You in advance.

/ Wheel removal on T-1870 Kubota #2  
NY I did a google search, for while I don't have a Kubota garden tractor, I was interested to see why you were having the problem. This link will tell you what you need to do. Good luck with it.

/ Wheel removal on T-1870 Kubota
Thank You HTWT! I took a look on youtube and diagnosed the problem. Rusted on. My tire is still serviceable for the time being. Every now and then I'll spray some liquid penetrant on both sides of the wheel and hope for the best!

/ Wheel removal on T-1870 Kubota
It finally came off! Thank you all!!Penetrating oil and a pulley puller + a 3# hammer and the wheel came off immediately. Added some never seize and new tire now all is well.

Last edited: