What's for supper???

/ What's for supper??? #3,161  
Looks amazing, all things I love. Instant pots are a modern marvel.
Yeah they are. I showed it to my mother in-law Saturday. She picked up my wife to take her to Saturday evening church, and I was just putting the corned beef in. It was just getting done when they got back. House smelled great!

I like that I can sear in the InstantPot, or boil stuff. Really is handy.

/ What's for supper??? #3,162  
St. Patrick's Day was Friday, however, my wife is Catholic, so we went to a fish fry (delicious) and had our corned beef and cabbage Saturday.

Sliced up an onion on the bottom of the InstantPot, put in the trivet, laid the meat fat side up and put on the seasoning packet. Added 4 cups of water around the sides and put on pressure for 90 minutes.

Relieved steam manually, removed meat fat side down to a platter and covered with foil and towels to keep warm.

Removed 2 cups of liquid from the pot, added 8-9 cubed up red potatoes, a couple handfuls of little carrots, and a head of cabbage cut into 8 wedges.

Put the pressure back on for 5 minutes, waited till it was done, relieved pressure manually, dished it out, sliced the beast, and plated.

Enjoy!
(click to enlarge)

View attachment 789507

Sounds very similar to my InstaPot CB & Cabbage except I used both red and white potatoes and regular carrot chunks. Wife also wanted sweet potato so I took those 2 cups of broth and used it to cook the sweet potatoes and another cabbage in the microwave.
So delicious, but also a lot of left over.
Next day, took the remaining veggies and broth (no meat), hit with the immersion blender, added 2 cans of coconut milk, added some seasonings and had a delicious soup. Just finished it off today.

The little remaining corned beef found its way into a breakfast hash. Leftover cubes of potato that had been roasted in the air fryer.

/ What's for supper??? #3,164  
Forgot to post the Reuben sandwich!

9E92E887-A4F4-430B-896B-E720A345C671.jpeg

/ What's for supper??? #3,165  
Smoked a turkey. Made some great sandwiches, and had leftovers for a few days.

Brined overnight. Rubbed and smoked for about 5 hours. Sliced. Pretty juicy! Wife said I can make that again. :)

(click to enlarge)

FD48E195-7E25-452E-BD4F-3759F7226416.jpeg 6FC287A3-2FFA-41B5-81DB-E9538CBC815E.jpeg 79977DC8-98BF-4E6F-A786-A9742FC3FA22.jpeg

/ What's for supper??? #3,166  
Heated some olive oil in a skillet, sautéed 4-5 minced cloves of garlic, some red pepper flakes, and some Hungarian paprika. Cooled it off and mixed that into a block of softened cream cheese with a cup of sliced mushrooms. Filleted a pork tenderloin, stuffed it, and rolled it. Tied it up and browned it in the same skillet on all sides, then baked to 140 degrees, and let sit for 10 minutes under foil and a towel.

Sliced and served with some veggies and crispy potato chunks.

70DC7728-44EA-40AF-9365-DBBB1FAF8806.jpeg

/ What's for supper??? #3,167  
Looks good except for that white creamy stuff. :sick:

I'm having leftovers tonight--Homemade tacos, beans and tamales.

/ What's for supper??? #3,168  
Moss - what is Hungarian Paprika? Is is different than regular paprika (like from McCormicks) and where do you get it?

I'd like to try that tenderloin recipe. Looks good!!!

/ What's for supper??? #3,169  
Moss - what is Hungarian Paprika? Is is different than regular paprika (like from McCormicks) and where do you get it?

I'd like to try that tenderloin recipe. Looks good!!!
There are several types of Hungarian Paprika. I'm fond of the sweet kind.

This is the brand I've been using for a long time. But really, there are probably endless brands of the same type.

It's pretty good on deviled eggs, too.

E178FC01-EA80-4154-9812-EBFA97677AF2.png

Here, you can read all day! 🤣