What type of hose is this?

/ What type of hose is this? #1  

Quantumkev

Tractor
Ford 4500 Industrial Loader/Backhoe
So I replaced the blown hose on the back hoe, and as I expected I have basically moved the leak from the blown hose, to other parts of the circuit…

I have 2 other leaks now, one I have identified the solution, but the other one is at this hose/tube connection.

What type of hose/tube is this? Can I get this replaced at the hydraulic house? Or is this a weird and wonderful proprietary hose/pipe.

Is this a high pressure line?

Attachments

• 20C62249-E010-4C6A-B2B7-1256B577E0AE.jpeg
    20C62249-E010-4C6A-B2B7-1256B577E0AE.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 119
   / What type of hose is this? #2  
I believe that is a custom hose end made specially for an OEM. You might have to replace the steel line also. What does the steel line connect to and what type of fitting?

/ What type of hose is this? #3  
You mentioned "hydraulic house" so if you have a place that sells hydrauilic hose they should also make custom hose. In your case they will re-use the steel line and crimp new hose exactly same as old unless you ask for longer/shorter. I have my hose built at a parts store which caters to semi-trucks and heavy equipment.

/ What type of hose is this? #4  
Another alternative if space allows it, is replacing the complete assembly with a hose, no steel tube at all.

/ What type of hose is this?
Sorry, in my eagerness to get something posted I did a really poor job in posing the question/facts clearly. I will clear this up now.

This is (from the best I can tell) a 1967 ford 4000 series industrial tractor with a 735 (or is it 753) back hoe and front end loader.

Again, from the best I can tell (more photos attached) both of these tubes/hoses seem to originate from banjo fittings on the transmission casing (I have the hydrostatic??? Power reversing transmission) and APPEAR to go to the bottom of the radiator… is this an oil cooler as well as a radiator?

I didn’t notice the leak at all until I fixed the blown hose on the backhoe, so I could actually get some hydraulic pressure, and filled it up, not all the way yet, with hydraulic fluid. I thought the transmission fluid was completely different, and isolated, from the hydraulic fluid, but this has me questioning that now.

So current questions are:

1 - With the power reversing transmission is the transmission fluid the hydraulic fluid? Or are the 2 systems completely isolated from each other.

2 - are these tubes/hoses really going to/from the radiator? And if so I assume that the radiator has an oil cooler built into the bottom of it.

3 - I guess I need to try and get it off, and get it to the hydraulic house to get it rebuilt unless….. I go completely cheap on this and try and wrap it with tape to seal it… not sure how much pressure is on this hose. Just typing this makes me think that’s a REALLY DUMB IDEA….

4 - I have a McRae to a manual for the ford 4000 series but it is really just about the tractor…. It doesn’t touch on the hydraulics/back hoe/ loader…. Anyone have a link to info on the back hoe or loader?

5 - I think answers to the 4 questions above will raise another round of questions, but at least I will be one step closer to a solution.

Attachments

• 84BBCDF2-6070-4A52-9641-FEF727155A38.jpeg
    84BBCDF2-6070-4A52-9641-FEF727155A38.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 61
  • A3686550-86A1-4D8C-B19D-77AB02B8382D.jpeg
    A3686550-86A1-4D8C-B19D-77AB02B8382D.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 54
  • 0473D28E-8478-49C2-8290-5E0C9A1C92AC.jpeg
    0473D28E-8478-49C2-8290-5E0C9A1C92AC.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 57
  • B237403A-8038-4A61-BF57-A6DFA9B60DAF.jpeg
    B237403A-8038-4A61-BF57-A6DFA9B60DAF.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 52
  • C8283EEC-3AE8-4133-BFBB-3DF1F7EFD5DB.jpeg
    C8283EEC-3AE8-4133-BFBB-3DF1F7EFD5DB.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 52
   / What type of hose is this? #6  
Sorry, in my eagerness to get something posted I did a really poor job in posing the question/facts clearly. I will clear this up now.

This is (from the best I can tell) a 1967 ford 4000 series industrial tractor with a 735 (or is it 753) back hoe and front end loader.

Again, from the best I can tell (more photos attached) both of these tubes/hoses seem to originate from banjo fittings on the transmission casing (I have the hydrostatic??? Power reversing transmission) and APPEAR to go to the bottom of the radiator… is this an oil cooler as well as a radiator?

I didn’t notice the leak at all until I fixed the blown hose on the backhoe, so I could actually get some hydraulic pressure, and filled it up, not all the way yet, with hydraulic fluid. I thought the transmission fluid was completely different, and isolated, from the hydraulic fluid, but this has me questioning that now.

1 - With the power reversing transmission is the transmission fluid the hydraulic fluid? Or are the 2 systems completely isolated from each other.

2 - are these tubes/hoses really going to/from the radiator? And if so I assume that the radiator has an oil cooler built into the bottom of it.

3 - I guess I need to try and get it off, and get it to the hydraulic house to get it rebuilt unless….. I go completely cheap on this and try and wrap it with tape to seal it… not sure how much pressure is on this hose. Just typing this makes me think that’s a REALLY DUMB IDEA….

4 - I have a McRae to a manual for the ford 4000 series but it is really just about the tractor…. It doesn’t touch on the hydraulics/back hoe/ loader…. Anyone have a link to info on the back hoe or loader?

5 - I think answers to the 4 questions above will raise another round of questions, but at least I will be one step closer to a solution.

#1. Loaders and hoes can be powered from tractor's hydraulic system but an aftermarket pump is often added which makes more psi and has it's dedicated reservoir. BUT YOUR PICTURES doesn't shed any light on that. What your picture shows is factory cooling for transmission. So yes, transmission oil circulates through radiator.
#2. See #1 above.
#3. See last three words to answer your question about tape. The hoses aren't that expensive,replace them.
#4. Use make and model numbers from tags on loader and hoe to find manuals.

/ What type of hose is this? #7  
Ford used lots of metal tube and rubber hose hybrids. Most of the time they are no longer available. The best way to fix these is to use a tube bite fitting. Swagelok and the Parker Ferulok are two good examples. You will cut the tube off on a straight section close to the hose. Then clean up the area to be free of rust and paint. Put the nut and ferrule on the tube followed by the body. Hand tighten the nut onto the body capturing the ferrule. Turn the nut 1-3/4 turns and your done. Now install the hose like you would any other hose. Just make sure one end of the hose is a swivel so you can install it.