What to expect from a mulcher on a svl75 standard flow.

/ What to expect from a mulcher on a svl75 standard flow. #1  

Hersheyfarm

Veteran Member
Is there an affordable mulcher for the svl75 standard flow size machine, and what could you expect using it?

/ What to expect from a mulcher on a svl75 standard flow. #2  
I'll be watching this thread as I have a SVL-75 on order from the dealer, but mine has the hi-flow option as well, I really want the MTL-XC7 , 3 blade with mulching teeth, but am scared due to all the bad customer service reviews, so I am looking at the Terminator XP 4 blade with mulching teeth from Rut Manufacturing, only problem with it is they have gone to a square blade carrier instead of round and that scares me a little.

/ What to expect from a mulcher on a svl75 standard flow. #3  
This isn’t a mulcher but a medium duty rotary cutter. This is only rated for a 4” tree so not as mean as other options but I was happy with the performance. It doesn’t chop up the trees very good and is more of a hack it down tool is the main drawback.
IMG_1333.JPG
IMG_1338.JPG
IMG_1342.JPG

/ What to expect from a mulcher on a svl75 standard flow. #4  
I think you'll just need some patience and realistic expectations.
I have an Ambusher rotary mower (stud flow no case drain) on a SS with 25 - 26 gpm and it's a 110hp machine. Patience is required. It is a older mower, one of the first made for SS application a is built just like a bush Hog with only a stump jumper. The newer models will the heavy disc (inertia) would have to be better at least until the built up inertia is spent.

/ What to expect from a mulcher on a svl75 standard flow.
I got a 15 batwing, not really wanting a bushhog. All though they look usefull. I’m wanting to turn honeysuckles into wood shavings.

/ What to expect from a mulcher on a svl75 standard flow. #6  
You should be fine with that and anything similar. 👍
In fact I've been thinking of selling the mower I mentioned. Hmmm😄
I just got what I really need.
20211230_131512.jpg

20211230_130849.jpg

Just waiting for the snow to melt.

/ What to expect from a mulcher on a svl75 standard flow.
Do those work as good as the drum ones?

/ What to expect from a mulcher on a svl75 standard flow. #8  
Do those work as good as the drum ones?

They’re not as good as a drum mower in terms of the chip size and they’re worse about throwing stuff. The upside is they’re about half the price.

/ What to expect from a mulcher on a svl75 standard flow. #9  
I following as I’m looking for a contractor to clear brush around my 2 acre pond and along the dam, and also around the edge of woods and along fences. One fellow has a 10 ton excavator with a mulching head, 20 ft reach. $2000 for a minimum 8 hour day.
Another contractor is coming tomorrow to look it over. They run CTL’s with drum head mulchers and mower types. Anxious to see what he says.

/ What to expect from a mulcher on a svl75 standard flow. #10  
Is there an affordable mulcher for the svl75 standard flow size machine, and what could you expect using it?
Not sure on cost difference but companies size the hydraulic drive motor based on flow available from the skid steer. You will have less torque since the hydraulic motor displacement is decreased to provide correct cutter head speed