What part of the hydraulic system is this?

/ What part of the hydraulic system is this?
The coupling I used was OK for a temp fix to get the tractor out of its precarious position, but it leaked far too much to be a permanent fix, so the tractor has been dead for the past few weeks as I've worked on other chores.

Unsure how to couple these two pipes together now. Any other suggestions? The angle here is making it hard to get a good fit on a rubber hose as the angle causes the hose opening to turn oblong instead of circular.

I need to get it fixed quick as in a few weeks I will need the tractor to start moving 1 ton feed totes.

The pipe marked in red is the filter-side of the return line.

Attachments

• coupling.PNG
    coupling.PNG
    579.6 KB · Views: 72
   / What part of the hydraulic system is this? #22  
The coupling I used was OK for a temp fix to get the tractor out of its precarious position, but it leaked far too much to be a permanent fix, so the tractor has been dead for the past few weeks as I've worked on other chores.

Unsure how to couple these two pipes together now. Any other suggestions? The angle here is making it hard to get a good fit on a rubber hose as the angle causes the hose opening to turn oblong instead of circular.

I need to get it fixed quick as in a few weeks I will need the tractor to start moving 1 ton feed totes.

The pipe marked in red is the filter-side of the return line.

Since you're already cut the pipe, I think to make your life easier, cut a longer section of the pipe where it would make it easy to add a longer rubber section. Then grab some proper suction hydraulic hose from an hydraulic shop or something and some good hose clamps and be done with it.

/ What part of the hydraulic system is this?
Hi all,

Just to update, there was no easy way to scrap something together because of the angles in that steel suction line. Wound up having a friend come over (who has a utility truck with a small crane) and we pulled loader off, then pulled the loader bracket off and put an OEM replacement suction line in. Tractor is back up and running as-of Early April.

IMO Branson should have skid plates, like on a 4x4 truck, underneath the exposed part of that suction line. Not sure why they didn't have some sort of protection for the line there. I'm going to see if I can MacGyver some kind of skid plate myself to protect that line so I don't have to deal with this again.

Thanks all for your help and advice with this!