What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,741  
And we ended up with about 10" here, but surprisingly dense & heavy. Fortunately (?) where we live is up around 1500', so often they'll get rain or wet snow down in the valley but we'll have drier snow up here.

While working yesterday, I was just at the top of the driveway on my first run when I noticed that BOTH screw-on quick links on my right-side chain were missing... so THAT's what the lumping & thumping was about -- I was beginning to get seasick! Figured I get to the top, turn and make a pass down, then replace those links (after my first year with my chains, I always keep some spares handy).

Of course, just as I got to the top and up onto our dirt road, I snagged a large rock and snapped the auger shear pin... Great. First I had to dig out a ton of snow... but I'm getting quicker at replacing shearpins -- practice helps....right? All I had to do afterward was thaw out my fingers....

So now we get to prepare for the NEXT storm, tomorrow afternoon & overnight, that's supposed to finish up with...RAIN. :(

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,742  
And we ended up with about 10" here, but surprisingly dense & heavy. Fortunately (?) where we live is up around 1500', so often they'll get rain or wet snow down in the valley but we'll have drier snow up here.

While working yesterday, I was just at the top of the driveway on my first run when I noticed that BOTH screw-on quick links on my right-side chain were missing... so THAT's what the lumping & thumping was about -- I was beginning to get seasick! Figured I get to the top, turn and make a pass down, then replace those links (after my first year with my chains, I always keep some spares handy).

Of course, just as I got to the top and up onto our dirt road, I snagged a large rock and snapped the auger shear pin... Great. First I had to dig out a ton of snow... but I'm getting quicker at replacing shearpins -- practice helps....right? All I had to do afterward was thaw out my fingers....

So now we get to prepare for the NEXT storm, tomorrow afternoon & overnight, that's supposed to finish up with...RAIN. :(
after fixing shear bolt issue...forgot to latch one side of pats quick hitch lift arm on blower. backing up the thing suddenly started heading towards wifes car.
hit the key.
2 minutes later good to go.
yesterday was a hell of a day.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,743  
Wow Dave, be careful!

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,744  
customers are done.
for today,
dr appts tomorrow.
then I hit my driveway.
whatever

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,745  
Had to be out twice today, once to scrape out the driveway so the other half could get in and then again after the snow stopped to scrape it out again because the we're going to get rain tonight and then it's going to freeze back up tomorrow. Even with the scraping I'm going to have ice to deal with tomorrow, good thing I got stocked up on salt before the winter started.

I'd rather have 6 feet of snow than this crap with the temps constantly going above and below freezing and the constant changing between snow, sleet, rain and freezing rain.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,746  
We've got about 4" of dense stuff, now being coated with a thin layer of ice from light rain & sleet, temp just now approaching 32... still trying to decide best time to clear with a blower. Yesterday using a blower was totally out of the question --would have been an exercise in futility-- with the wind we were getting. Very strong gusts, switching directions every few seconds. Might have to drop blower & resort to FEL.

Are we having fun yet?

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,747  
We've got about 4" of dense stuff, now being coated with a thin layer of ice from light rain & sleet, temp just now approaching 32... still trying to decide best time to clear with a blower. Yesterday using a blower was totally out of the question --would have been an exercise in futility-- with the wind we were getting. Very strong gusts, switching directions every few seconds. Might have to drop blower & resort to FEL.

Are we having fun yet?
no. can't wait for spring. normally that physically happens (dates don't matter) in June.
5 inches fell last night before turning to rain....now coverage is 2.5 inches. just gonna let it melt.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,748  
broke the pto shaft shear bolt again.
someone dug up a bunch of crap at end of road (cul de sac) with a plow blade. kids today.
better a 2$ bolt than an 800$ gear case.
went all last winter and only broke the auger shear bolt once...easy to fix.
now the plastic safety shield on pto shaft is destroyed this time will take me 2 minutes to fix.
sigh. small favors.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,749  
So I used the blower, which did the job, with a lot of effort. Only got one serious jam-up in the discharge chute. Then waited until temp got up to 34, dropped the blower, put on FEL, and scraped remaining ice & slush away, followed by touch-up with a shovel. Got that done just as temp started to drop again. This AM 16F, paved driveway now all clear & dry.

Til the next storm....