What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,811  
You guys must be getting all our snow? So far this year, I think we've gotten like a total of 18". It's been great!

Don't forget the silicone pad heater option for warming the transmission and oil. I plug it in about two days before a storm, and leave it plugged in as long as the threat is there.

At 140 watts, the oil doesn't get hot, just slightly warm. I only have to warm up the engine for 5 minutes, and I'm ready to go. Amazon doesn't have the exact same one right now. This one is only 50 watts, but this is similar overall size as mine. https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Silicone-Heating-Weather-Protector/dp/B0BC1DCB6P?th=1 Perhaps E-bay has the 140 watt one?

View attachment 785026
Oh wow cool, yeh I hear people use those, but had no idea they're only like 17 bux! 2 of them for $23, stick one on your oil pan, the other on the hydro oil pan...seems like a no brainer to get that if you store your tractor outdoors in the winter!

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,812  
You guys must be getting all our snow? So far this year, I think we've gotten like a total of 18". It's been great!

Don't forget the silicone pad heater option for warming the transmission and oil. I plug it in about two days before a storm, and leave it plugged in as long as the threat is there.

At 140 watts, the oil doesn't get hot, just slightly warm. I only have to warm up the engine for 5 minutes, and I'm ready to go. Amazon doesn't have the exact same one right now. This one is only 50 watts, but this is similar overall size as mine. https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Silicone-Heating-Weather-Protector/dp/B0BC1DCB6P?th=1 Perhaps E-bay has the 140 watt one?
Snow here is less than 50% of average as well, but I'm ok with that.

I also have a pad heater glued to the bottom of my HST, I put it in a different location and I fished the wire though the tractor so that the plug is right next to my block heater plug. I have the 250W model that includes an adhesive pad, just clean, peal and stick. I turn it on the same time I turn on my block heater. Not sure if it's really doing me any good with that amount of time, but I figure it can't hurt.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,813  
Out early this morning to move the crap we got last night. What an effing mess. 4 inches of snow covered with a a quarter inch of ice. It's been warm for 2 weeks so everythng under the snow was soft. Tried to use the blower and I blew a ton of mud and stone along with the snow. Had to do everything with the bucket very carefully.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,814  
Out early this morning to move the crap we got last night. What an effing mess. 4 inches of snow covered with a a quarter inch of ice. It's been warm for 2 weeks so everythng under the snow was soft. Tried to use the blower and I blew a ton of mud and stone along with the snow. Had to do everything with the bucket very carefully.
only got 1/4 inch here so far as of last night was supposed to be 6 on ground bt 3pm.
not happening.
another front moving in tonight, we'll see.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,815  
hmm if I stay at only 1/4" snow the next few days gonna be warmer (its 10.5 F now at 1420 hrs) I may be able to mount that retailrems protector shield. time will tell.
but it WILL be mounted before tilling season which is where my chance of damage REALLY comes up. fresh garden plots in grass/hay 2 feet tall great way to ruin input shaft seal.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,816  
"Chinesium." Guess that's what I had. I've never seen this happen before, but one of the carriage bolts that hold the scraper blade on my 2360 blower actually popped its head off!

I know, Home Depot stuff... but this is a first.

Blade then flexed up, got some ice & snow build-up plus some small rocks under it ("What's that clicking noise??"), eventually lifted enough to STOP the auger, which then took out a shear bolt of course.

All fixed now. Oh well, at least it wasn't -20F.... Now, back to more snow removal.....

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,817  
You are right about Chinese bolts irvingj.

You can go to a 100 year old piece of farm equipment sitting in the woods, and often be able to turn any bolt on it. But, try to do that with anything built in the last 30 years, and it is hopeless.

With the nice weather this winter, I have finally got around to finishing the inside of my shop, and organizing everything.

My tractor has gotten more running time moving it in out of the building, than it has had actual use.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,818  
6" light fluffy crap last night. got home from dr appt this morning and dealt with that.
due for 14" wet crap saturday.
whatever, least its a weekend.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,819  
My homemade bucket level indicator. I used a 36" x 1/4" aluminum rod from Lowes and assorted hardware. I did have to make a bracket out of some scrap aluminum for the rod to pivot on at the bottom connection point.
20230303_104140.jpg

20230303_104151.jpg

20230303_104215.jpg

20230303_104223.jpg

20230303_104336.jpg

Last edited:
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,820  
I really got to do something like that