What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,751  
Was out again yesterday scraping off the mostly frozen slush. Not long ago I was looking for a better way to do this but I am not glad I have the bucket with the edge that I can angle down a bit to bite into this crap. I don't think I would have been able to move it without that and I doubt anything like a plow of blade would have scraped it off.

Going to put the original smaller skit shoes back on the blower today. I've decided to hell with the lawn if I dig in a bit. I'll worry about it in the spring. It's going to be above freezing with rain here again on sunday and then freezing back up again on monday. I need to get more off to begin with and see if that helps at all. The big shoes I've been using can cause the blower to ride over the dense stuff.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,752  
Sounds like some of you guys having equipment problems there. Well over here, we finally had some snow, so I was out there the other day plowing. More snow coming down now, expecting up to 6" or so into Saturday.

It took 6 years, but the PTFE edge finally wore down enough to justify flipping it around, pretty good run I think. All the screws were rusted through, so I had to break them off.

PXL_20230125_175004059.jpg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,753  
The forecast is for warmer temperatures every time it snows, so my tractor has only left the barn once, to knock down a drift that was too high to drive through.

Snow fence has been working hard though. 😝

Attachments

• IMG_2289.JPG
    IMG_2289.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 78
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
#1,754  
Here's a couple of pics of our wet and heavy snowfall of Friday and Saturday, 10-12" ended up looking like 8".

I still have the MF 2340 Dozer Blade on the tractor, and I was making and pushing "icebergs" clearing the driveway.

It was -25F this morning and tonight is supposed to be colder.

KC

wet heavy snow Jan 27 2023.jpgwet heavy snow Jan 28 2023.jpg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,755  
The forecast is for warmer temperatures every time it snows, so my tractor has only left the barn once, to knock down a drift that was too high to drive through.

Snow fence has been working hard though. 😝
Oh wow, that's impressive how well that works. Snow fences are not really a thing around here, but I have heard about them.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,756  
Yeh, we got snow again, only like 4" or 5" or so. I was out there this morning getting my tractor therapy with the plow, it was fun.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,757  
...And that cold weather is headed this way, apparently -- forecast at this point is -19F Friday night into Saturday AM... wonderful.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,758  
Oh wow, that's impressive how well that works. Snow fences are not really a thing around here, but I have heard about them.
The challenge is to learning where to put them.

Most people put the fence far too close to the area they want to clear. Then, it adds snow, instead of removing it.

If the winds blow as expected, I often have little or no snow in the driveway, rather than big drifts.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,759  
...And that cold weather is headed this way, apparently -- forecast at this point is -19F Friday night into Saturday AM... wonderful.
yup -21 here friday night and with wind chills is -45

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,760  
And this AM it looks like the LRB will get some exercise, Dave -- the overnight 1" or less of "insignificant snow flurries" are now at 2" and still coming down....