What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,731  
Hey Hube, I had that snow edge for a couple seasons before I put together a plow, yeh it worked pretty good for what it was. Curious why you would want to replace the edge it comes with. I got a vid of me using the snow edge if u wanna see it.
The wet, mucky snow we've been getting this year as be a PITA to move. Going forward if I don't get the bucket just right it either slide up and over or dig into the driveway and lawn. I have a set of edge tamers but the riding up an over is even worse with them on.

I've had to resort to backdagging in order to scrape it off enough so that my wife can get her car up the hill.

I was thinking that maybe I could have a bit of a down angle on the ratchet rake edge to prevent the riding up and over the snow and that the edge might not dig into my stone driveway and lawn as much. But at $420 with shipping, not sure I want to even try it or just hope that next year is better. 26 years here and I can't remember a winter like this one.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,732  
The wet, mucky snow we've been getting this year as be a PITA to move. Going forward if I don't get the bucket just right it either slide up and over or dig into the driveway and lawn. I have a set of edge tamers but the riding up an over is even worse with them on.

I've had to resort to backdagging in order to scrape it off enough so that my wife can get her car up the hill.

I was thinking that maybe I could have a bit of a down angle on the ratchet rake edge to prevent the riding up and over the snow and that the edge might not dig into my stone driveway and lawn as much. But at $420 with shipping, not sure I want to even try it or just hope that next year is better. 26 years here and I can't remember a winter like this one.
That's pretty much how I used it.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,733  
That's pretty much how I used it.

I'm pretty sure I've watched that but I missed the still shot at the end. Is that picture of a gravel driveway?

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,734  
I'm pretty sure I've watched that but I missed the still shot at the end. Is that picture of a gravel driveway?
Nope, it's all blacktop. That's just the result I'd get using the snow edge, using my technique there with the bucket curled down.

I found when using it with bucket level, I'd have same problem you're having now, with the bucket riding up over the snow. So curled down was the way to go, but you got ti be careful doing that too...if the bucket catches on anything, you could get yourself a bent cylinder rod.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,735  
Nope, it's all blacktop. That's just the result I'd get using the snow edge, using my technique there with the bucket curled down.

I found when using it with bucket level, I'd have same problem you're having now, with the bucket riding up over the snow. So curled down was the way to go, but you got ti be careful doing that too...if the bucket catches on anything, you could get yourself a bent cylinder rod.
did you ever try it any lawn area?

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,737  
17" so far. from a 6-9" storm. calling it a day. you all be safe out there.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,738  
17" so far. from a 6-9" storm. calling it a day. you all be safe out there.
Daaaayyyymn! Well, I'd say it sux to be you, but I do miss plowing a bit currently.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,739  
I took down a old building and used my Massey GC 1723 with a grapple to move the roof to a burn pile. I did about every thing from the tractor seat and that's the way I like to work

Attachments

• old building.JPG
    old building.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 53
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,740  
Daaaayyyymn! Well, I'd say it sux to be you, but I do miss plowing a bit currently.
wife said this year shes buying plow for the 2019 silverado she just bought me.
can't argue with that logic.