What have I dragged home?

/ What have I dragged home? #1  

Ibrokethat

Tractor
Satoh S370D, Power King 1614
Yesterday was a beautiful day to swing a leg over my fav Iron Horse and on my way home I decided to explore a community named Rainbow Springs when I saw a man attempting to pull *this thing* with a rope and a little Craftsman 36" mower. I saw the tractor over-run him down a slight incline which flipped him and the Craftsman about 20 ft. Had to help. As we're assessing the damage to the mower, he explained his intent was to park *this* little beastie at the hiway shoulder with a "FREE, Take It" sign. Told him to leave'er in the swale and I'd be back in 90 minutes. Disclaimer...I am a range rat, and parts is parts.

He could offer no clues about the machine as it was sitting on the property when he bought the house, just wanted it gone. No tags I can find, Kohler 16Hp which I got running this morning after pulling the head/wiping the cylinder and soaking the carb overnight and refilling with RotellaT6 /no smoke, hydro, looks like a quick detach system for a belly mower (gone), no front/rear pto, no 3pt, and the front end has sleaved hubs instead of 4 or 5 bolt spindles. Of course you can't miss the custom high performance exhaust from Bed Bath and Beyond. Suh-weet.

I have a 1978 Satoh Beaver S370D (2WD) diesel w/homemade FEL, finish mower, and a 1977 Power King 1614 w/factory FEL, wheel weights and back blade, single trans. The PK lunched the rod earlier this year so I could swap motors and gain 2Hp....depending on what *this* is and if it's worth keeping it together as is/// and/or possibly installing one of the other FEL's to take advantage of the hydro (need to fab a simple counter-weight carrier for the rear).
ID info? Opinions? I'm listening.

0731220957.jpg
0731220956e.jpg
0731220956c.jpg
0731220956a.jpg
0731220955a.jpg
0731220954.jpg

/ What have I dragged home? #3  
It's a Wheelhorse of some sort I think.
I agree. He needs to look on the transaxle for a label. If a Wheelhorse it will have a Sunstrand tag on the transaxle,

/ What have I dragged home? #4  
That's a Wheel Horse D160 that has some interesting modifications on it. They were made from 1974 - 1981

The serial number was on the vertical plate has been replaced with aluminum diamond plate, under the steering wheel.

/ What have I dragged home? #5  
Like the exhaust stack especially. Very down to earth as in home made but functional. Needs a rain cap to be complete. 😳

/ What have I dragged home?
That's a Wheel Horse D160 that has some interesting modifications on it. They were made from 1974 - 1981

The serial number was on the vertical plate has been replaced with aluminum diamond plate, under the steering wheel.
Thank you, sir, I concur after a quick google and wash on your reply. I was hoping someone who had personal experience w/the machine might recognize it because as I said there are no tags remaining anywhere and although I own 2 others I'm not a SCUTs expert. Strange how that could happen to such a well cared for museum pc.

/ What have I dragged home? #7  

Good information looks like he s missing the original gas tank.