WHAT ARE YOU USING TO HAUL YOUR UTV

/ WHAT ARE YOU USING TO HAUL YOUR UTV #1  

Jimmy Joe

Gold Member
Looking for a trailer to haul a 3 seat Polaris Ranger thinking because it will sit outside I would be wanting an aluminum frame which would also be lighter for both towing and moving around the yard. Thinking single axle without brakes not too overpriced but durable anyone using anything like this and what are your likes and dislikes on the ones you use?

I like the idea of torsion axle but have never used one thinking arpund 12 foot long bed right now considering a Floe brand with a polyethylene type of bed sort of a tub like bed with tie downs built in like most things about it but the price. Just kindof a starting point with what I have seen so far.

/ WHAT ARE YOU USING TO HAUL YOUR UTV #2  
I use a simple 6x12 tandem axle trailer. Ranch King (not sure if they're local to TX, or national). Cost around $1,000, back in 2015.

I had a local welder add some tie-down loops around the frame, since there weren't many good places to hook the straps.

Good luck!

/ WHAT ARE YOU USING TO HAUL YOUR UTV #3  
I use a 16' "Aluma" brand trailer - all aluminum. Mine is tandem axle because I bought it primarily to haul my built Jeep around. They make these in short single axle models also.
P1007276ertbn.jpg

You can check them out on line - they make a lot of different models.

/ WHAT ARE YOU USING TO HAUL YOUR UTV #4  
My son just got a new 4 seater polaris general and it will fit on my 6x12 , but he wants an aluminum trailer also , i told him to go at least 14 ft and 16 would be better so you have extra room for other gear. you will regret getting to small of a trailer.

/ WHAT ARE YOU USING TO HAUL YOUR UTV #5  
I used to use a single axle Mission aluminum double atv trailer. It was nice, was only 360 pounds and was rated to carry 2300 pounds. So was perfect for 2 atv's or a side by side.

But then I bought my RTV and it is 2400 pounds and another 400 for the plow. Plus I wanted something to take my 55 Allis Chalmers CA to the pulls and shows.
So what I WANTED was an 18 foot flat car hauler, for the versatility. But thanks to covid buying and supply chain nobody had anything in stock, except my Kubota dealer had a couple of these 16 foot aluminum landscaper style trailers. So I just bought it. Probably too short to load two side by sides? And the other issue is in order to be able to open the doors all the way on my RTV or a car, I have to load them onto some 2x10 planks on the floor.

Attachments

• 008 (6).JPG
    008 (6).JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 117
  • 010 (5).JPG
    010 (5).JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 119
  • 20210826_190451.jpg
    20210826_190451.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 120
   / WHAT ARE YOU USING TO HAUL YOUR UTV #6  
Kubota 900 fit like a glove in dump trailer for 250 mile trip...

/ WHAT ARE YOU USING TO HAUL YOUR UTV
I use a 16' "Aluma" brand trailer - all aluminum. Mine is tandem axle because I bought it primarily to haul my built Jeep around. They make these in short single axle models also.
View attachment 730555

You can check them out on line - they make a lot of different models.
Nice looking rig, the Aluma brand seem to be a quality brand that hold their value in the used market also, Do you have heavy duty ramps for the jeep are they self storing. How do you like the aluminum deck is it slippery at all?

/ WHAT ARE YOU USING TO HAUL YOUR UTV #8  
Nice looking rig, the Aluma brand seem to be a quality brand that hold their value in the used market also, Do you have heavy duty ramps for the jeep are they self storing. How do you like the aluminum deck is it slippery at all?

The Aluma comes with very heavy duty ramps, also aluminum, that are stored under the trailer. The deck is most assuredly NOT slippery - it is not smooth, it has tiny ridges about a quarter inch apart. Excellent traction but kind of a pain when trying to sweep dirt off the deck.

The trailer in my photo is a custom order - I had them construct it with an extra-long tongue because most of the time I'm towing it with my dually with a big cab-over camper on the back. The camper sticks out quite a bit past the bed of the truck; the extra long tongue allows me to turn much sharper without having the camper contact the trailer.

/ WHAT ARE YOU USING TO HAUL YOUR UTV #9  
I haul my Mule on a Big Tex 50LA, a 14' 5000# tandem axle trailer. It also hauls the ZD1211 to the Kubota dealer and 30-40 square bales of hay when needed. The only time I have blown a tire I was doing 55 MPH, I was happy I went with a tandem axle.

/ WHAT ARE YOU USING TO HAUL YOUR UTV #10  
12 ft.Aluma trailer 3500 lbs single axle.