Welcome to the Built-It Yourself Forum!

/ Welcome to the Built-It Yourself Forum! #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
Welcome to the newest addition to TractorByNet.com, the Build-It Yourself Forum!

This forum will be a place for tractor owners who want to build their own implements. Joining us here in this forum, will be members of the home-built implements forum on Yahoo, the third group to join TractorByNet.com in recent weeks.

For those of you who are visiting for the first time, on behalf of everyone at TractorByNet.com, I'd like to welcome you to our community. We are very excited to have you join us, and look forward to the new topics and even broader range of knowledge and expertise you will bring to the forum.

Since the format here is quite a bit different than the Yahoo club format, it will probably take you a few visits to get used to how the format works, if you have not visited TractorByNet.com before.

For starters, if you have not registered here, please do so. You can register by <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/newuser.pl>clicking here</A>. Registration will allow you to create a user profile, receive e-mail notifications, edit posts after you post them (for typos, etc), see which messages are new and which are old, search user profiles, and much more.

After you have registered, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from us, containing some basics about the forum and your user account information (username, password).

Once you are registered, you will want to login to the forum to take advantage of the many features we offer. If you're not logged in, <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/login.pl>click here</A>. If you are logged in, the navigation bar below the banner ad on this page will have a "Logout" link to the far right. If that link is not there, you will want to login by clicking the link I mentioned earlier, or by clicking the "Login" link on the navigation bar.

Once you are logged in, you will be taken to your user account control panel. This is where you will be able to set all of your preferences for viewing messages, and also, you can update your user profile there. You don't need to change any of your settings initially, but most members dig into those settings after they join. To edit your basic profile, <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/editbasic.pl?Cat=>click here</A>.

Next, you will want to view the forum index, which lists all of our forums, including this forum. If you want to view all of the forums when you login, just bookmark http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/postlist.pl?Cat=&Board=buildit. Of course, I would encourage you to view the other forums we have here, especially the "general" forums which cover buying, owning/operating, repairs, project, attachments, and other issues, and are very valuable regardless of the make or model of tractor you own.

On the main index, you will notice that below each post total, the number of new messages is displayed. To mark a forum as read, simply view the forum index page and the next time you reload the main index, it will be marked as read. The new message feature is nice so that each time you login, you will easily see which messages are new since the last time you viewed the forum.

To post a NEW THREAD, simply click on the "Post" link in the forum you wish to post in. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to post. To post a REPLY to a message, click on the "Reply" link that is located next to the message subject.

You may attach photos to posts by using the "preview post" function.

You may send private messages to users by clicking on the user's profile link, and then clicking the "send private message" link at the bottom of the profile pages.

You may also search for users with shared interests, or for users who live near you... the profile search page is located forum FAQ, such as how to post images, use emoticons (/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif and many more), etc.

We have done a lot to make the forum as user-friendly as possible, and hope that you feel comfortable here and find the forum easy to use and navigate.

There is a lot here, so it might take a few visits to "explore" but please use the site as much, and as often, as you like.

If you have any questions at all, about how to use the forum, or other questions, please feel free to post them in this thread, or in the "News/Feedback" forum accessible from the main index.

Once again, I'd like to welcome you TractorByNet.com, and look forward to you being a part of our community!

Regards,

/ Welcome to the Built-It Yourself Forum! #2  
Cool! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

There are many of us out here that for one reason or another want to build rather than buy.
This is a great addition to TBN.

Thanks for making this a better place Muhammad.

Randy

/ Welcome to the Built-It Yourself Forum! #3  
I have been a member of that club for over a year, and I have to say I got some good info from the guys there. I only posted a few times, but always read every post. I am glad they decieded to switch over here. Seems like Yahoo messed up bigtime with the big switch, and we are coming out better for it. I am also on a few Yahoo Case/Ingersoll clubs and a few are thinking of coming over here also./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Welcome to the Built-It Yourself Forum! #4  
Thank you for having us here. We built up quite a membership at the old club site and we exchanged a lot of great information. I look forward to the same level of activity here.

/ Welcome to the Built-It Yourself Forum! #5  
Welcome aboard Brent. I look foward to all the info. I have quite a few ideas I have been wanting to try, now there will be a larger knowledge base to bounce my ideas off of.

/ Welcome to the Built-It Yourself Forum! #6  
<font color=blue>I look forward to the same level of activity here.</font color=blue>

You guys had a nice site going over there at Yahoo, but with all due respect, I think you're going to find a much higher level of activity here. And the addition of the Yanmar guys is only going to help it get even better! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Welcome to the Built-It Yourself Forum! #7  
Hmmm.../w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gifmaybe the project picture postings are causing problems in the general forum area. It is probably a seasonal thing though, planting season is rapidly closing in! Anybody know someone that likes to build stuff??/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gifSteveV/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Welcome to the Built-It Yourself Forum! #8  
Boy. I'm finding out there are some good sites related to "country living" that I have never heard of or found before. I found TBN while searching for information on compact tractors one day. I'm glad this is the site everyone is coming to.

I can hardly wait to see what's next./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Randy

/ Welcome to the Built-It Yourself Forum! #9  
Muhammad,
This is an excellant idea, alot of these guys are real talanted in building there own implements etc. I look forward to see and reading all the ideas this forum will bring forth. Hopefully someday, if I can ever learn to weld, I will be able to add to the list. Thanks.

/ Welcome to the Built-It Yourself Forum! #10  
Muhammad,
I came across tractorbynet a few days ago and really like it. Can you advise if there is a way to have the newest messages at the top, instead of the bottom? I can't find where there is a setting for that, and I think it would be pretty handy if it exists, so as not to have to scroll all the way down to find the newest messages.
Thanks,
Jim W.