Waiting for someone to try this on 4707

/ Waiting for someone to try this on 4707 #1  

daugen

Super Star Member
Tractor
in between now
I've read it costs about $2k for the chip and related hardware, likely larger injectors, to raise the
4707 from 70hp to 100hp, basically recreating what the factory does with the same engine with the model 4710.
30hp for 2 grand.

I'm waiting for someone to try and report back. At issue of course is voiding warranty and since this is a newish model most are still under warranty.
I paid for that warranty, no sense knowingly ruining it.
Tractor has size and weight to handle the horsepower and mine came, perhaps mistakenly, with 34" radials at the rear instead of 30's, certainly can put more power to the ground than 70hp. Which is all I need right now.

Once the warranty runs out, would be nice to know if this really works, and how well.
Even if I went to sell the tractor, if I could honestly advertise it as a 100hp engine, wouldn't that be a strong return on investment?
For many farms life starts at 100hp.

Being only a three cylinder engine perhaps helps in keeping engine mod cost low.

/ Waiting for someone to try this on 4707 #2  
The one that was mentioned was Ekotune I think by Bigpuddie. Did you call them and ask about the warranty. There website mentions it but it is not clear. Maybe you can reload the original program if you need to take it in for work like they do in trucks. If it is a programmer maybe you can remove it before taking it in and all would be good. $2000 seems high if no programmer is needed so maybe you could ask for a deal.

I am going to take mine in for the 50hr service soon and I will ask if they update the software or wait until a problem before they do it. If you get it I bet some of us will too at some point. For me the only Ekotune dealer in Texas is a 8 hour drive.

/ Waiting for someone to try this on 4707 #3  
One wonders what all ELSE they do besides change that chip. I can't see messing with THE MOST RELIABLE part of my entire tractor, namely the engine to eek out more horsepower that i never need,and that for $2000. No chip costs $2000. If you really want to do this, find someone else who did it, get their comments, and a set of their instructions which might shed lots of light. After that, if it still seems attractive, I'm betting you can get the chip for far less than $2K.

/ Waiting for someone to try this on 4707
it's not just a chip, doubt you can flow fuel needed with oem injectors but I'm guessing, thought I read new injectors included.
if you reread my post, wondering if the upgrade could be justified for ROI based on market value. 100hp tractor costs lots more than a 70 hp tractor.

/ Waiting for someone to try this on 4707 #5  
TDI Tuner doesn't reprogram and costs under $600. Similar results for 4707 95 engine HP and about 73 PTO hp.

/ Waiting for someone to try this on 4707 #6  
TDI Tuner doesn't reprogram and costs under $600. Similar results for 4707 95 engine HP and about 73 PTO hp.

Know anyone who has done this? Nothing else needed?