Ventrac 4500Z quits unexpectedly

/ Ventrac 4500Z quits unexpectedly #31  
Yep, I finally noticed that Randy mentioned a similar problem with his injected model and that is where my confusion sourced. On track now. One added worry is when E-15 is the norm, these problems will escalate and no pure gas in my area. May have to consider propane...

prs

/ Ventrac 4500Z quits unexpectedly #32  
We finally solved the problem on our 4500Z. It was a small piece of debris in the fuel line between the tank and the fuel filter. I fixed it by pulling the fuel pick up line out of the tank and blowing it out with an air hose. I also blew air through the line from the tank to the fuel filter. It's been running fine ever since.

Last edited:
   / Ventrac 4500Z quits unexpectedly #33  
seems to be consistent with other reports. Me too recently.

prs

/ Ventrac 4500Z quits unexpectedly #34  
We finally solved the problem on our 4500Z. It was a small piece of debris in the fuel line between the tank and the fuel filter. I fixed it by pulling the fuel pick up line out of the tank and blowing it out with an air hose. I also blew air through the line from the tank to the fuel filter. It's been running fine every since.
Do you know whether you were able to remove the piece of debris from the line or from the fuel tank? If not, the problem might recur. A flashlight that can focus to a tight beam and a siphon pump, e.g., <https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_7311031?impressionRank=1>, might enable you to suck the piece of debris out of the tank, if the piece of crud is still in the tank.

Another possibility is to run the tank dry, and then to use a vacuum cleaner or a compressed-air line to suck or to blow the crud out of the tank. If using an electrically powered vacuum cleaner, first consider the issue of sparks from the electric motor and fuel vapor. A vacuum cleaner with a brushless electric motor will be a safer bet. Proceed at your own risk.

Consider also the matter of fuel-pump priming. My dealer's advice when I bought my 4500Y was to never let the fuel level drop too low because repriming the fuel-delivery system is a pain. This might not be an issue, or as much of an issue, in your gasoline-powered 4500Z.

/ Ventrac 4500Z quits unexpectedly #35  
We finally solved the problem on our 4500Z. It was a small piece of debris in the fuel line between the tank and the fuel filter. I fixed it by pulling the fuel pick up line out of the tank and blowing it out with an air hose. I also blew air through the line from the tank to the fuel filter. It's been running fine every since.

Another guy had same problem.

/ Ventrac 4500Z quits unexpectedly #36  
Do you know whether you were able to remove the piece of debris from the line or from the fuel tank? If not, the problem might recur. A flashlight that can focus to a tight beam and a siphon pump, e.g., <https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_7311031?impressionRank=1>, might enable you to suck the piece of debris out of the tank, if the piece of crud is still in the tank.

Another possibility is to run the tank dry, and then to use a vacuum cleaner or a compressed-air line to suck or to blow the crud out of the tank. If using an electrically powered vacuum cleaner, first consider the issue of sparks from the electric motor and fuel vapor. A vacuum cleaner with a brushless electric motor will be a safer bet. Proceed at your own risk.

Consider also the matter of fuel-pump priming. My dealer's advice when I bought my 4500Y was to never let the fuel level drop too low because repriming the fuel-delivery system is a pain. This might not be an issue, or as much of an issue, in your gasoline-powered 4500Z.
I took the fuel line out of the tank to clear it so hopefully there isn't any more debris in the tank. It's been running great so far. If it happens again I will definitely start with the fuel line at the tank.