V519 Compact Telehandler

/ V519 Compact Telehandler #191  
You are correct on pressure and flow. I would assume flow is proportional to rpm more or less. Things definitely move faster when you raise the rpm. Maybe I could time a cycle with the boom from ground to fully raised to estimate flow at idle vs max rpm
Thanks. That's a good idea, I'll try that.
The reason I asked is that I am getting into forging. Everyone seems to be making forging presses and putting in a hydraulic pump, reservoir etc. I thought to myself, "Self, that's a waste of money. You have a much better pump. Just hook it up to the v519." So now I'm doing some research on that. But there is very little useful info on the Bobcat website....

/ V519 Compact Telehandler #192  

So rated rpm is 2400 rpm. Hydraulic pumps are positive displacement pumps so flow should be directly proportional to rpm until you get into weird stuff like cavitation or leakage around seals.

So if 21.1 gpm at 2400rpm, then you should have 7.9 gpm at 900 rpm idle. If anything it should be a little bit more. Pressure should be same since it is controlled by relief valve and should not be rpm dependent.

The toolcat is good for using as a hydraulic pump for log splitter. It has 28 or so gpm in high flow and you can set the throttle. The v519 just runs at idle and has no throttle control other than gas pedal as far as I can tell. I wish it had an independent throttle lever like the toolcat, but oh well.

/ V519 Compact Telehandler #193  
Thank you! That's a huge help. Tells me that I need to use a 4" bore rather than 3" - because at 8gpm is going to extend at 4 inches per second, which is scary fast. 4 inch bore is 2.5 in/second, which is probably about right. 4 inches will be a 22 ton press, which should be just about perfect for me.

/ V519 Compact Telehandler #194  
Pushing over 12 inch or bigger oak with danuser intimidator. The v519 is an absolute beast. So strong and solid. Wonderfully capable machine. So much stronger than I thought it would be. Boom is so solid I don’t worry about it. Even turning while pushing 7ft bucket. No problem. I plucked a 10 inch pine stump after rocking it a bit. If there is a job this thing gets her done

Attachments

• 30EFDC9D-88F3-4381-B5D9-47BC9756B63B.jpeg
    30EFDC9D-88F3-4381-B5D9-47BC9756B63B.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 99
   / V519 Compact Telehandler #195  
Has anyone run a dozer blade on one of these I got a 96 inch blade that is approved to run on v417, but v519 is not approved for dozer blade. Should be OK I would think if the v417 can do it. They look like pretty similar machines. Larger more aggressive tires might push harder on v519 and generate higher forces, but don't know. I ran the 80" blade on my toolcat f series with no problems other than the fact that the toolcat would kind of dive from the suspension compressing as the blade dug in and it was kind of hard to be smooth. The v519 with no susupension and longer wheelbase should be better for pushing.

/ V519 Compact Telehandler #196  
that's the one tool I think I'm missing. I was told by a salesman that the 417 et al, had a lot of problems so I bought an excavator instead. I've always thought they would be comfortable to operate, too, compared to getting beat up in my skid steers. If they had more hydraulic power, I'd look at them again for running a mulcher.

/ V519 Compact Telehandler #197  
Anybody know anything about front windshield washer? Motor doesn't come on when I push switch. The wiper works fine, just can't get fluid to flow. Rear washer works fine and I assume they use same reservoir but different pump. Or maybe same pump and have diverter to control flow. Pump does not come on. Switch is lit up. Can't find fuse for washer motor listed in manual and doesn't appear to be mentioned in service manual. ???????