used market pricing come back to earth

/ used market pricing come back to earth #1  

ArlyA

Houghton MI (the Lake Superior snow belt) USA
Tractor
Polaris Boss 6x6 with pods (tracks) Center actuating lawn mower by Husky
Caught this on youtub feed this morning. I agree, prices are coming down.

/ used market pricing come back to earth #2  
I agree with this guy when he suspects this market weakening will be across the board.

/ used market pricing come back to earth #3  
As inflation increases and liquid income decreases, discretionary purchases drop.

/ used market pricing come back to earth
$10 says used tractor prices will be coming down as well. :)

/ used market pricing come back to earth #6  
I walked in Lexington motor sports yesterday(ky) and was shocked at the amount of HUGE utv’s. Was in back in the summer and there was just a handful. I don’t keep up with models(I’m a mx’er) but these monstrous things look expensive. Huge pieces of equipment.i had a 2008 teryx and its like a model T compared To what they have become. Huge touch console screens, very comfortable. Didnt as price but i bet it’s in the $20k’s. Literally a 100 or more parked a foot and a half apart.

on edit, i just looked and some of these beasts are $45k, most are in the $30k’s

/ used market pricing come back to earth #8  
I want a bigger mini excavator with cab and ac. Already seeing ones reasonably priced compared to a year ago. Going to wait a little longer unless the perfect one pops up.

/ used market pricing come back to earth #9  
Insane interest rates shove a large percentage of buyers to the sidelines.
Demand decreases
So naturally, Supply increases
Then Prices fall

/ used market pricing come back to earth #10  
Well I haven't seen this yet around here. Prices of everything are still ridiculous.

An RTV-X1100C has gone up 3 grand since I bought my 2021.
A Grand L3560 with only a loader and rear snowblower has gone from 50 grand pre-covid to 86 grand here now.
I looked at a used Grand L6060 the other day with a loader and backhoe.....90 grand.
A John Deere Gator Signature Edition....just over 50 grand.
My salesman just told me any new Ford trucks that come in now are 19 grand more.

I can't see these prices retracting to where they once were. They might come down a bit but not to where they were pre-covid.