UPS, USPS, Fed-Ex, DHL, ChinaPost, etc

/ UPS, USPS, Fed-Ex, DHL, ChinaPost, etc #11  
Dad retired out of Travis, right there by Cowville and Fairfield. I'm only 15 minutes from DFW for the next few months anyway. Pretty sure they had to bring it back because they forgot to fill out the customs forms. :)

/ UPS, USPS, Fed-Ex, DHL, ChinaPost, etc #12  
This is part of the Fedex tracking history of an order I placed with Cabelas on February 28. A week ago it supposedly was transferred to the USPS distribution center where they sort mail for final delivery. A few days later they said it was at a Fedex location in Middleton CT... 400 miles away. That's where it supposedly sits, with "No scheduled delivery date available at this time." I contacted Cabelas, but was told that not enough time has passed to find out what is going on.

Tonight I got a request from Cabelas, "We'd like to know how Leupold Rifleman Detachable See-Thru Scope Rings - Black Matte is working out for you."

I doubt that they will post my review.
Wednesday, 3/1/2023
2:13 PM

Shipment information sent to FedEx

Thursday, 3/2/2023
2:44 AM

Arrived at FedEx location
GROVEPORT, OH
4:46 AM

Left FedEx origin facility
GROVEPORT, OH
8:17 AM

In transit
NEWTOWN, TOWN OF, CT
Friday, 3/3/2023
12:01 AM

In transitIn transit to U.S. Postal Service
HAMPDEN, ME
Wednesday, 3/8/2023
8:03 PM

MIDDLETOWN, CT
Thursday, 3/9/2023
7:41 AM

FEDEX SMARTPOST MIDDLETOWN, CT

/ UPS, USPS, Fed-Ex, DHL, ChinaPost, etc
Re that vacuum (Post #1) that departed Vacaville last Saturday: USPS, the designated carrier, says they still haven't received it. But Amazon or whoever ordered that tracking number claims it departed Vacaville four times now. Amazon says it visited Dallas Sunday 3-12.

I'm under an hour from Vacaville. This should have been simple.

I think what's really going on here is the same thing I experienced from an Ebay China slow delivery: The vendor issues a postal tracking number long before handing possession to the carrier because this triggers Ebay to pay them at that time. In the case of Ebay it also starts the time window in which you can file a never-received claim, or leave feedback. Regardless if this 'shipped' evidence is bogus. After 30 days (Ebay) there's nothing you can do, it's closed history. Even if the item never arrived.

USPS says:
Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
VACAVILLE, CA 95688

March 15, 2023, 1:26 am
Shipping Partner: AMAZON

VACAVILLE, CA 95688

March 13, 2023, 5:30 am

VACAVILLE, CA 95688

March 11, 2023, 10:21 pm

Picked Up by Shipping Partner, USPS Awaiting Item

VACAVILLE, CA 95688

March 10, 2023, 11:38 pm

/ UPS, USPS, Fed-Ex, DHL, ChinaPost, etc #15  
I think Amazon has a bug in their tracking. Just ordered something a couple of days ago and it left the facility outside Denver yesterday, about 2 hours away. Today it says it was in Columbia, SC and then in Charlotte, NC a few hours ago. Scheduled delivery is tomorrow.