TYM T474 TX47 loader pallet lift capacity

/ TYM T474 TX47 loader pallet lift capacity #1  

nhwylee

Tractor
Bobcat CT2035
Does anyone have experience lifting wood pellets with a T474? The specs look like lifting a ton off the ground would be no problem but what about taking a ton out of a pickup bed? Anyone done it?

/ TYM T474 TX47 loader pallet lift capacity #2  
If the specs say the FEL can handle it there should be no problem. Taking it out of a P/U should be simple as you only have to raise the pallet an inch or so then drive back. I would make sure you have some rear ballast to offset the front weight. Worst case, you off load some of the pellets onto a new pallet and lighten the load. You won't know what works for your situation until you try. Be careful on the slope and type of surface you are doing this on.

/ TYM T474 TX47 loader pallet lift capacity
The specs are pretty thin. I only see lift capacity at the pin. I appears pretty clear it will not lift a 1 ton pallet to full height...nor would I want to with a sub 2 ton tractor.

The ground level breakout force being almost 3200 pounds certainly should be plenty to get a 1 ton pallet off the ground. Whether it can lift high enough to unload or load a pickup is anyone's guess until it is tried

I've seen someone saying a T454 will lift a ton pallet without trouble but the T454 has a stronger loader and is considerably more money.

/ TYM T474 TX47 loader pallet lift capacity #4  
If you do it, just make sure you've got 700+ ballast on the 3 point. The T474 has a pretty good hydraulics, you be surprised how good it lifts. I have no doubt it can lift a ton out of the bed of a pickup. Just ease back carefully and have good counter weight. I've had the rear wheels in the air on mine plenty of times. o_O

/ TYM T474 TX47 loader pallet lift capacity #5  
All you have to do is lift the load up 1/8 inch above vehicle. The 474 should have no issue. It should easily curl a pallet with 2000 lbs on it. That’s enough to get it off. Like others have said. Make sure you have a enough weight on the back. My Ford 1920 is rated for 800 lbs to max height. I can get a pallet with 1000 lbs off a truck using pallet forks.

/ TYM T474 TX47 loader pallet lift capacity #6  
Tried to lift a ton of pellets out of a truck and it would not pick them up. Hydraulics just didn't have enough power. I had quick connect forks on with them all the way under the pallet and a BY75 backhoe on the back. I could drag them all the way to the rear of the bed-but knew bad things would happen if I went any further out. Very disappointing and had to unload them one at a time

/ TYM T474 TX47 loader pallet lift capacity #7  
It looks like it would be right on the margins. It may depend on the height of the bed.

Another idea would be to lift a few inches and have someone drive the truck away, then you can lower the FEL closer to the ground without moving.

/ TYM T474 TX47 loader pallet lift capacity #8  
It was a Chevy 2WD dump truck-I guess the bed would be a little higher than a pick up. I'll try unloading my pick up next fall. Winter is almost over and I have enough to get by for the season.

/ TYM T474 TX47 loader pallet lift capacity #9  
Yeah if you're going to need a full ton lift capacity frequently, I would have chosen the T494 with it's 2700# FEL capacity. Even then a steady diet of 1 ton lift capacity might warrant a larger tractor.

/ TYM T474 TX47 loader pallet lift capacity #10  
I used my NH 50 to unload a full pallet, but the loader has a higher lift rating than the TYM. (NH T60TLA 2371 @ the pin; 1849 @ 500mm) Even so, the pallet of pellets was all it could lift
Before I bought this tractor, I studied Tractor Data on various models in the 35 to 50 hp range, particularly loader capacity. All of the tractors listed capacity at the pin, many also listed capacity at 500mm from the pin. As a rough average the loader capacity at 500mm (just a little shy of the pallet center) is reduced +/-25% of the at pin rating. My personal recommendation would be to remove 2 to 4 layers before unloading the pallet.

Last edited: