TYM T330 HST Joystick Control Leak

/ TYM T330 HST Joystick Control Leak #61  
I've noticed that over my time on TBN and reading various threads. Even basic stuff like seals or a simple cylinder rebuild, can be quite a task to get done. Walvoil is indeed great and great quality stuff too. I have some hydraulic stuff from them as well.

It wouldn't surprise me if a PB sleeve from another brand would work on this Nimco valve, but that can be a long shot since no one actually lists the dimensions on these sleeves so we could compare.
The sad thing is for the OP that even after paying the high price for a PB sleeve we still are not sure if the valve is damaged. This is one of the times getting a new valve may have been the answer. But hopefully his is still ok.

/ TYM T330 HST Joystick Control Leak
I thought about both options - a new valve or trying a couple of PB sleeves from Amazon and returning if they didn't work.

If I hadn't heard back from Nimco today I would have thought harder.

Regarding the possibility of a damaged valve - I've put about 6 hours of use on the snowblower in the last couple of weeks, and since I've replaced the o rings it's leak free, so fingers crossed.

/ TYM T330 HST Joystick Control Leak #63  
I thought about both options - a new valve or trying a couple of PB sleeves from Amazon and returning if they didn't work.

If I hadn't heard back from Nimco today I would have thought harder.

Regarding the possibility of a damaged valve - I've put about 6 hours of use on the snowblower in the last couple of weeks, and since I've replaced the o rings it's leak free, so fingers crossed.
That's a great sign!

Here's an update - not the one I wanted to post but at least I'll call it progress.

I got the PB sleeve from Nimco and I got a new hose built up.

The sleeve they sent fits in the T port on the loader valve that was plugged:
View attachment 773657
However, the bracket / mount that the loader valve sits in needs modified so that I can tighten the sleeve into the valve - right now the sleeve bumps into the valve mount before it's tight.

Before I grind on the bracket I want to make sure I'm hooking this up correctly.

Here's the original setup before anything changed:
T330 Loader Valve1.jpg

Here is the possible setup with the sleeve Nimco sent me:
T330 Loader Valve2.jpg

However, the documentation from that valve (here - page 12 describes the Power Beyond / HPCO sleeve install), as well as LD1's description indicates it should be installed as follows:

Late to the party buy you are on the right track. I'll try my hand at explaining some things.

So you are on the right track getting with the dealer and tracking down a PB sleeve for your current loader valve. Find that sleeve and install it. The line you currently have coming out of the tank port of the loader and going to P1 on the tractor will hook to that sleeve and continue feeding the 3PH through that P1 port. Then you will add 1 hose going from a T port on the loader down to the capped T line that isnt being used.
T330 Loader Valve3.jpg

The sleeve does not fit into the T port shown below - the port diameter is too small.

My question is - should I grind out a space in the valve bracket and install the sleeve in the only T Port it will fit in (as shown in the 2nd drawing I posted), or should I see if Nimco sent the wrong sleeve? The documentation from Nimco doesn't match with what I am able to do with existing parts.

I certainly don't want to damage anything in the system - if I hook everything up the only way it'll fit with existing parts, can I do any damage?

As always - I'm so grateful for the input of the crowd here. Thanks again!

-Matt

/ TYM T330 HST Joystick Control Leak #65  
The second diagram is correct and yes it should go into the tank port that had the plug. Hopefully the valve is still good. Looking forward to it working properly.

The second diagram is correct and yes it should go into the tank port that had the plug. Hopefully the valve is still good. Looking forward to it working properly.
Alright, I'll get to grinding!

Like magic, the thing works great!

No leaks so far from the valve or the new hose.

After a test run I couldn't wait to put on the 3 point hydraulic top link, and that thing works great too!

Ran up and down the drive and it's like the bucket doesn't even know that 700# snowblower is hanging off the back, I can finally use the float function the way it was intended.

I am beyond excited to have this working properly. Needless to say I couldn't have done it without the guidance and patience of everyone here that helped, so thank you all again.

Victory is that much sweeter after doing all of this over the last 3 weeks with no heated garage and single digit temps.

/ TYM T330 HST Joystick Control Leak #68  
That is great news! Congratulations

/ TYM T330 HST Joystick Control Leak #69  
Congrats on getting it working.

I honestly cannot believed you suffered as long as you did before trying to correct the issue

Congrats on getting it working.

I honestly cannot believed you suffered as long as you did before trying to correct the issue
Ignorance is bliss! Heck I didn't even know I had a float function on the loader for the first 3 years I had the tractor.

If the seals hadn't leaked I wouldn't have come here for help and probably would've stayed in the dark until the valve failed, then would've just replaced the valve and gone on for another 4 years!