Truck & Trailer ideas to tow 14,000 and be under 26,000 pounds

/ Truck & Trailer ideas to tow 14,000 and be under 26,000 pounds #381  
You should have read my post above yours before telling me I should read the whole thread. If you had, you would have seen I replied to Eddie's change of direction.

As to changing the rules....who is safer...me hauling my own stuff or you hauling my stuff and me paying you. Your getting paid and the state makes sure you are hauling my stuff as safe as I would.

It's the same difference with vehicle insurance. I can do business with my truck and have a regular policy. But slap a sign on the truck door and now I need commerical insurance or get canceled after an accident. I am also now considered hauling commerical with my trailer and farm tag regulations don't apply.

CYA. That is why I got my CDL when I don't need it.

It is all about who is making the money.

When you say we need to change the rules. What do you propose to change? What do you change without hurting the farmer, yet keeping the public safe?
hugs, Brandi
My comment on reading whole thread was because you obviously didn’t know of the training class change. Yes, another bloated money generating grab that will do zero to “save lives or property”. Yup, stupid uncle sugar wants more pork to clog lives up.
Propose? I wrote my congress people that the laws are dated and arbitrary. In 1992(just as someone posted earlier this year) pickups and vehicles were generally rated to 10-12k towing or less, so towing 20k took a big straight truck. My f350 is rated for 20k bumper pull. Equipment is safer, technology and trailers are way better. And as far as public safety, lol. It’s not any safer by passing legislation. Like guns, pass laws but the only people who follow them are the ones that aren’t a threat. People still pull “dangerous” load’s regardless of fmsca rules. You got your got your cdl “just cause” doesn’t make you any safer than me who has been pulling equipment for 30 years. I just refuse to get one(especially now) just to get on another fed list just to pull my personal property, not others.

/ Truck & Trailer ideas to tow 14,000 and be under 26,000 pounds #382  
If you search by location for Paris MO he is the first result, or at least it was for me:
View attachment 782630

Aaron Z

That is weird. I searched Paris, MO also and he wasnt listed. Go figure.
Thats the good thing about competition it drives prices down.

/ Truck & Trailer ideas to tow 14,000 and be under 26,000 pounds #383  
Yea, you should probably read through the thread. Things have changed.

Aczlan in post #366 already told me the
CDL requirements have changed. You just echoing Aczlan in a vague, undescribed way?​

Brandi​

/ Truck & Trailer ideas to tow 14,000 and be under 26,000 pounds #384  
My comment on reading whole thread was because you obviously didn’t know of the training class change.
Yeah the rules changed since I got my CDL. There was no class then. So it was moot to me and Eddie since he isn't getting it. But where in the TBN rules does it state I have to read the whole thread before committing and getting egg on my face?
Brandi

/ Truck & Trailer ideas to tow 14,000 and be under 26,000 pounds #385  
Are you ok Brandi?

My original post was after you first posted. The second was just explaining.

/ Truck & Trailer ideas to tow 14,000 and be under 26,000 pounds #386  
You got your got your cdl “just cause” doesn’t make you any safer than me who has been cdl “just cause” doesn’t make you any safer than me who has been pulling equipment for 30 years.
While studying for my CDL, I learned a lot of things I didn't know that now makes me a safer driver.

I never said I was safer than you with 30 years of pulling equipment. I asked in post #378 who is safer...me hauling my own stuff or you hauling my stuff and me paying you.
I don't care who you are or whoever........driving your own farm produce to market makes you drive safer because if you lose your load...........you lost your chance to sell your load. Anyone else driving said vehicle is not as invested in being as safe, because losing money makes you wanna be safer.
So we are back to shelling out more money equals safer driving.

Argue it any way you want to, but my Daddy can beat your Daddy up.
Brandi

/ Truck & Trailer ideas to tow 14,000 and be under 26,000 pounds #387  
Are you ok Brandi?

My original post was after you first posted. The second was just explaining.
.........and like this post............totally uncalled for. Just hit me over the head here and call it mansplaining.
nohugs, Brandi

/ Truck & Trailer ideas to tow 14,000 and be under 26,000 pounds #389  
So, if you aren’t doing what you’re doing to make a living from it. I think lifestyle choice is an accurate description.
Actually, eventually it will make a living. I'm bright enough to understand that you can't take an old neglected farm and set it up in one day or even one year. It takes time to re-build infrastructure, herd's and so on. Sometimes things change, I recently had genetic testing done on my bull and 4 of the cows. They came out very interesting so I may do breeder's instead of meat. We are diversified in what we are doing and until we decide on the direction we should head we will experiment with what is worth doing and what will pay off in the end. I've been fortunate and a hard worker in life so I can afford to go a while with out an income coming in while at the same time spending too much to get this operation up and running. In my opinion though, making a living as a farmer is a lifestyle choice, just one that less people want to make these days which is why the small farms are going away. It's more work than many want to do, requires more abilities than many have since not only are you a contractor, a vet, a landscaper, a hydrologist, geologist, chemist, butcher and the list just keeps going on... Add in your vacation time is getting up a 6AM instead of 4AM then spending all night out in the cold/heat assisting in a difficult birth pulling calves, kids, piglets and so on when your vet doesn't answer the phone and yup, it's a lifestyle choice at least for me it is. I actually enjoy all the challenges this throws at me. You should have seen my excitement when I found out about stack wagons!