Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,361  
Yep... back when niece/God daughter was maybe 12 we were out at ranch with the 84 F150 4wd extended cab and 5spd with big 6.

She was very inquisitive so I said how about you drive?

Nice thing with compound low and transfer case it's just about impossible to kill...

She was so excited and picked up fast.

Starting, stopping, forward reverse...

She is 20 now and none of her friends male or female can drive a stick...

Its the memories made at this age they always remember...

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,363  
78 here . . . got started a little late did ya . . .:cool:

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,364  
(Not to change the subject but... :D)

Today's project was to load (two) logs weighing around 1000 lbs each with the only hydraulics that of my little dump trailer, and the pulling power of a couple ratchet tiedowns. Then I had to get them safely home, starting and ending on icy roads. In hindsight I wish that I'd bought a couple of new ratchet straps, mine have seen better days. (And pulled at least 1 pickup out of a hole it should never have gone into.) Actually, putting my Mighty Mule back together first would have been the best plan.

I found that the D ring in my trailer aren't as solid as they seem; as I tightened the logs down, I heard the sides bending. After 12 miles of icy roads I checked my load before heading down the highway. The longest log had slid forward enough so that it was almost hitting the truck bumper. After resituating them, tieing down again, and a slow ride we found our way back home.

Attachments

• F94ED750-125D-4B20-A789-39E413CD0865.jpeg
    F94ED750-125D-4B20-A789-39E413CD0865.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 87
  • 08069798-C874-478C-A0B2-5BE95389054A.jpeg
    08069798-C874-478C-A0B2-5BE95389054A.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 86
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,365  
Thats a good days work

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,366  
Glad he found the problem. Some of it must have passed through the carburetor for it to sputter. I use ethanol free gas and run it dry at the end of the season. Ethanol retains water if it sits too long. Do you have a source of ethanol free gas?

Yup. But I also have fuel stabilizer that also removes water. Got the wife to try the wood splitter, ans she loved it!

Can’t believe that I got a 20-ton log splitter from the dump, dropped off by a guy because he couldn’t get it started!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,367  
Yup. But I also have fuel stabilizer that also removes water. Got the wife to try the wood splitter, ans she loved it!

Can’t believe that I got a 20-ton log splitter from the dump, dropped off by a guy because he couldn’t get it started!
Funny how sometimes people get reasonably functional stuff for free sometimes simply because they can't be bothered fixing it. Only to find out it really didn't need much fixing.
1638674580938.png

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,368  
(Not to change the subject but... :D)

Today's project was to load (two) logs weighing around 1000 lbs each with the only hydraulics that of my little dump trailer, and the pulling power of a couple ratchet tiedowns. Then I had to get them safely home, starting and ending on icy roads. In hindsight I wish that I'd bought a couple of new ratchet straps, mine have seen better days. (And pulled at least 1 pickup out of a hole it should never have gone into.) Actually, putting my Mighty Mule back together first would have been the best plan.

I found that the D ring in my trailer aren't as solid as they seem; as I tightened the logs down, I heard the sides bending. After 12 miles of icy roads I checked my load before heading down the highway. The longest log had slid forward enough so that it was almost hitting the truck bumper. After resituating them, tieing down again, and a slow ride we found our way back home.

Future mill fodder ??

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,369  
Future mill fodder ??

gg
Yes. It was a nice basswood log which was going to go for pulp. I'm going to try to use some for an ice shack frame, and it's good to have an assortment of wood around.