Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,851  
I know I save money burning wood and don't need to convince anyone that I do. However that is not the primary reason I burn wood to heat. I do it primarily because I like pretty much all aspects of getting firewood. I especially love being outside in the bush. As a huge bonus it keeps me healthier because of all the hard work involved. I could stay home, sit on my butt and just turn up the electric heat. But if I lived that way, I might not still be alive.

I will continue getting firewood until I can't.:)

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,852  
What everyone needs is “purpose”.
If you need stuff to fulfill that purpose
you can’t put a price on those things as they are priceless.
Good point. If I really wanted to save money I would rent a one room apartment and only eat at McDonalds, except when a church was offering free meals to everybody. Shop thrift shops for all of my clothes, buy a bicycle for the rare occasion that I went anywhere and get a library card for free entertainment. I would be a millionaire yet I would be bored witless.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,853  
Good point. If I really wanted to save money I would rent a one room apartment and only eat at McDonalds, except when a church was offering free meals to everybody. Shop thrift shops for all of my clothes, buy a bicycle for the rare occasion that I went anywhere and get a library card for free entertainment. I would be a millionaire yet I would be bored witless.
And just to be safe don't get out of bed in the morning.😂

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,854  
Thank you. Our place is about 200 acres. All wooded except for a couple very small rough fields.

gg
Thanks. Great size, twice as large as our, just north of the Maine border. Those small rough fields are good deer and turkey food plot candidates !!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,855  
A sad day. Lost my old and trusty 346 XP.

346XP_Cyl.JPG

I'm going to rebuild it - parts on the way. Best 50 cc saw I have ever run.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,856  
That’s too bad, always disappointing when a trusty saw goes down. Good luck with the rebuild.
My dad has an old Homelight super xl that was running and then froze up. It was a good old saw and is on my list to tear down and rebuild.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,857  

View attachment 792468

gg
Nice saw. I had one but lost the crank, and trusted the dealer when they told me it wasn't worth fixing.
It was only about 3 years old at the time.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,858  
Yes the XP 346 is an excellent saw. I purchased mine in 2012, with tax $519. I also bought a used one at an auction later. It is my backup saw. But I have not had any problems with the 2012 saw. The 2012 saw came with a 18" bar but I immediately changes it out to a 20" speed tip bar. Runs really good. I have a Dolman 079 with a 24" bar that I use for larger wood. I had a Husky 359/ green gas cap which made it a EGO saw/ I did not like it. I gave it away to a relative who immediately left in the woods so somebody could steal it. O well.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,860  

View attachment 792468

gg
Some years back at a local shop, the owner got back a slew of the 246’s. He was scouring the pistons because he was adjusting the carb too lean before delivery to run the saw as fast as it could.
Not saying this happened to yours but it reminded me of what had happened at this chainsaw shop.

Love this saw myself. Excellent limbing saw and can empathize w this as indeed a sad day.

Last edited: