Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,821  
That was a good video loaderman - You can see what goes into it a lot better than still pics. Thanks.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,822  
That was a good video loaderman - You can see what goes into it a lot better than still pics. Thanks.

gg
I thought you guys would enjoy seeing a different type of mill, I know I did. I liked the complex yet basic alignment setup and the rolling cart feed table and the outfeed tables. Nice efficient set up, yet not fully automatic.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,823  
I thought you guys would enjoy seeing a different type of mill, I know I did. I liked the complex yet basic alignment setup and the rolling cart feed table and the outfeed tables. Nice efficient set up, yet not fully automatic.
This was the type of mill l acquired all the wood to build the 4 out buildings on my property.
Their blade was 3 ft across.
It was a giant pain when they hit metal embedded in a tree stem.
It was run by two brothers who were twins.
They died within a month of each other at 96 years of age and ran the mill till they were 93.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,824  
i like the whole thing…very nice.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,825  
Hey, tell me about that little tool box on your ROPS.. maybe even a link please.
Not much to tell really, it comes stock with the LS tractors.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,826  
Mud season is a good time for me to work up our firewood. So yesterday I started blocking up the wood I pulled out last fall. This will be 2024/25 firewood.

23_3_25-1.JPG

I used to cut off the pile but I am not as good at climbing on piles and cutting with blocks rolling around my feet as I was. This way is slower but easier on my back.

23_3_25-2.JPG

Ran out of gas - this is where I carry the saw gas and bar oil.

23_3_25-3.JPG

Second tank same as the first.

23_3_25-4.JPG

Two tanks was enough. I can say I got started. Spitting snow again now.

23_3_25-5.JPG

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,827  
Always a pleasure to read Gordon.

You seem to own a very nice place. May I ask how large is your land ?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,828  
Mud season is a good time for me to work up our firewood. So yesterday I started blocking up the wood I pulled out last fall. This will be 2024/25 firewood.

View attachment 790919

I used to cut off the pile but I am not as good at climbing on piles and cutting with blocks rolling around my feet as I was. This way is slower but easier on my back.

View attachment 790920

View attachment 790921

View attachment 790922

View attachment 790923

gg
It's good to be a year ahead. I'm not there yet but am working on it. Most of my wood is ends from old logging yards. Right now I'm burning ash and yellow birch which was cut in December 2021, but I just split it last night. The birch burns fine, the ash is still a bit green.

The grapple makes it a lot easier, and you end up with cleaner wood. How much do you burn in a year?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,829  

View attachment 790919

View attachment 790920

View attachment 790921

View attachment 790922

View attachment 790923

gg
Nice pile of warmth come next winter. (y)
Father time catches up with us all and we change our work habits over the years...work smart not harder. :)

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,830  
I never had a problem burning green ash, seemed to still burn clean. This year I've been burning that giant dead ash I posted a while ago, it was 52" across at the base. It catches on fire in a couple seconds and burns very hot. The small slivers and the thick bark worked great for kindling.
KIMG7388.JPG